Oreo creams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
these are awesome!!!!! I feel bad not know the exact amount of cream cheese but the lady I got this from said one package. . .

1 package creamcheese
1 package oreos
chocolate for dipping

-crush oreos
-mix together cream cheese and oreos
-roll in to balls
-dip in to chocolate

these are soooooo good. I thought they were going to taste gross but they were awesome.

yes, walnut size balls. wow lol that sounds reallly bad but thats the only way i can put it. I promice they are soooo good. They are sweeet, but a very weird combonation.

They sound good and yummy to me. I'll take a handful with a nice glass of cold milk!! Thanks!!!!

Are these freezable? They sound like they would be an awesome treat at the wedding...and so easy to do. I know I can freeze my cheese balls. They come out with a stightly different texture but it doesn't affect the flavor......any thoughts?

I'm surprised no one has suggested deep frying those after they're rolled and THEN dipping them in chocolate.

My theory is that just about anything tastes good deep fried, I just don't usually try that theory.

hungry, have you seen all the deep fried stuff that is in the desserts? hehe
snickers, oreos, cheesecake etc....

MochaBean04 said:
yes, walnut size balls. wow lol that sounds reallly bad but thats the only way i can put it. I promice they are soooo good. They are sweeet, but a very weird combonation.

roflmao, i almost fell out of my chair. alix, stop it! just stop it!

rr-rr-resisting obvious response desreving banning...
reminiscient of south parks' chef's big brown salty balls...

bump.... I think these are what a friend brought to work- and wouldn't give me the recipe!!! :LOL: Is the center kind of brownie-like and moist? I don't buy too many cookies... is the 8 oz package the one with 3 rows in it? Gotta love us women, we need visuals....

I, too, would like to know the answer to The Z's question: when do you coat the balls with chocolate?

Do you dip them and let them chill to set up, or do you dip them as you are serving them, just before eating?

Lee

I rolled up the oreo mixture, refrigerated for about 30 minutes, about long enough to melt the chocolate, then, using a small fork, dip the balls in the chocolate, turn them onto wax paper and use a little of the chocolate to add where the fork was on the ball to cover. Then let set. Then eat!! yummmmmm

Shannon, if your talking about the size of the oreos, I used the package with 3 rows in it:mrgreen:

cool! thanks TX! I might just whip a bunch of them up and take them to work tomorrow and mass email the recipe since she wouldn't share! HA! I ALWAYS share recipes! Maybe she didn't want everyone to know how simple they were... :LOL: Have you seen the mint oreos? Those might be good too!!!

Back
Top Bottom