Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Saturday....what's for dinner? 9-13-14 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/saturday-whats-for-dinner-9-13-14-a-90926.html)

Cheryl J 09-13-2014 04:45 PM

Saturday....what's for dinner? 9-13-14

I just fried up a few chicken thighs. Coated in a mixture of flour with a good amount of Penzey's "33rd and Galena" spice mix :ohmy: :yum:, then dipped in egg, then another coating of the flour mixture. Smells wonderful. Fried in a cast iron pan in veg oil. Baked potato with sour cream and chives, and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers will be on the side.

The rest of the chicken thighs will be for nibbling on over the weekend.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

PrincessFiona60 09-13-2014 04:51 PM

Found a beautiful meaty 2 pound beef shank for $2.50...am busily waiting for it to become very tender for beef barley soup.

Kayelle 09-13-2014 04:55 PM

That sounds just wonderful Cheryl ! I love fried thighs done like that but I haven't wanted to spend that long over a hot stove lately. Dang it's hot here, and we're not really used to temps like this.

We're having Taco Salad tonight, with leftover taco meat from last night. I have a nice big avocado ready to slice all pretty on the top.

Andy M. 09-13-2014 05:22 PM

Tonight's delights include cube steak cooked with onions and mushrooms with a tomato (V-8 juice) and sour cream sauce. A tossed salad will assuage my guilt for not eating more healthfully.

Cheryl J 09-13-2014 05:57 PM

Yum....beef barley soup is something I haven't had in so long. I'd love a cube steak dinner too, and could go for taco salad any night of the week! :yum:

Kay, I've heard that it's unseasonably hot down where you are. It's warm here too, but not too bad for this time of year. Only in the 90's, and I guess I'm used to it. I don't fry chicken very often, but have had a hankerin' for cold fried chicken to nibble on for the next few days, so a few minutes over the stove is worth it for me. :lol:

taxlady 09-13-2014 05:59 PM

Shopping pooped me out. I'll make a French omelette with cheese and scallions for supper.

GotGarlic 09-13-2014 06:02 PM

I'm going to use the leftover fajita filling to make quesadillas. I just put guacamole in the fridge to let the flavors meld.

Caslon 09-13-2014 06:23 PM

I'm still deciding
I have Chicken Pineapple sweet and sour to make, if I want. I bought two boneless chicken breasts today.
I'm dying to make sweet 'n sour pork one of these days.

I bought some companies sweet 'n sour packet mix to make my own sweet 'n sour pork.

I miss the La Choy brand Sweet 'n Sour Pork (discontinued long ago), so now I want to make my own.

creative 09-13-2014 06:30 PM

I overate yesterday so for my Saturday "dinner" had a bowl of organic muesli, banana sliced up, walnuts and organic coconut probiotic yogurt.

Dawgluver 09-13-2014 06:53 PM

Saturday....what's for dinner? 9-13-14

Vegetable stir fry with brown rice. The last two teaspoons of 5 layer chocolate dessert.