Please don't go!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmyap

Sous Chef
My outside / second refrig may be planning on leaving me.:cry::cry::cry:

I went out this morning and the freezer was dripping with condensation! I rearranged stuff and put the more important things in my kitchen frig (which is now stuffed to the gills but I made sure the vents in the back have clearance.)
And it's making a funny noise I haven't noticed before. I've only had a second frig for a year now and I can't go back to that bleak, sad single refrig lifestyle!

Please don't leave me! I'll clean your door gaskets!! I'll, I'll defrost you! I'll defrost you like no other woman has ever defrosted you!!!! I won't let you go without a fight!

Clearly I'm having a bad day. Hope the defrost works.:ROFLMAO:

Find the coils. They are either under the fridge or on the back. They accumulate dirt/dust. The need to be vacuumed clean so they can work.

I have a second fridge that groans and piddles on the floor on occasion. The first few times, I called a fridge repair guy. He cleaned out the drain in the freezer where the liquid goes so that it can be "frost free". He said it was a known problem for a certain vintage of that brand of fridge. Then it did it when I couldn't afford to call the fridge repair guy. I defrosted the freezer and started it up again. That seems to do the trick.

I won't promise that will work for you, but it's worth a shot. If that doesn't do it and you believe it's a goner, see if you can find a drain in the freezer. Poke around in the drain with a long wire. That's what the fridge repair guy did. Of course, first try Andy's suggestion.

ROFL!! How old is your second fridge, Mmyap? Sometimes they die a natural death. With your climate, it should be OK out in your garage. Hopefully cleaning the coils and unplugging it for awhile will work.

ROFL!! How old is your second fridge, Mmyap? Sometimes they die a natural death. With your climate, it should be OK out in your garage. Hopefully cleaning the coils and unplugging it for awhile will work.

I got it second hand so I have no idea how old it is. At least ten years and older. We shall see. We will defrost and clean the coils and whisper sweet nothings in it's drain holes and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom