What's cookin good lookin.....Sun. 9/28/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having some family around lunch time so I'll be cooking early. They are dieting so I'll be doing chicken and veggies on the grill. Along with salads made yesterday, it should be a good lunch.

What's the plan at your house?

Well since this thread is directed towards me because it asked "What's cookin good lookin" :whistling

Gonna do a ham and the sides aren't decided yet.

I made pulled pork in the slow cooker Friday, so I'm going to pull it today and make... Something. Maybe sandwiches with cole slaw, maybe something else.

Busy this afternoon so it'll be a burger on the grill, some sliced tomatoes and a beer. Later this evening there will be cold milk and snickerdoodles for dessert.

Daughter and grandson are coming for dinner early this evening. I'm making braised short ribs, mashed Yukon golds, steamed broccoli, and a fruit salad of watermelon, granny smiths, and pineapple. Tillamook Oregon Strawberry ice cream for dessert.

I made pulled pork in the slow cooker Friday, so I'm going to pull it today and make... Something. Maybe sandwiches with cole slaw, maybe something else.

It's going to be Mexican. I'll simmer some of the pork with homemade salsa and serve it in flour tortillas with lettuce, cheese, and sour cream and seasoned refried beans.

It's going to be Mexican. I'll simmer some of the pork with homemade salsa and serve it in flour tortillas with lettuce, cheese, and sour cream and seasoned refried beans.

YUM! One of my favorite ways for pulled pork. :yum:

I'm still working on processing the wild grapes. First you have to pick them (which, because the vine was growing on a branch too close to the house, meant getting the ladder, the chainsaw, and cutting down the offending branch, pulling the vines down, and then picking them), then you have to haul them back to the city, then you have to juice them...so I'm thinking maybe finish the rest of the cabbage roll soup and then make jelly. I don't even eat jelly (since I don't eat bread), but wild grape jelly is a family tradition so I think I'll give some to my brother...

Last edited:
Simple fare tonight; meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans. Plenty of gravy too!

I'm doing Cheesy Spanish Rice in the pressure cooker. Garlic bread in the oven. (In case anyone is carbo deficient. You can never be too safe.)

we went down the shore today to the red bank oyster festival. we scarfed down a few dozen oysters, cold cracked lobsters, and lemonades for lunch.

then we stopped at a bonefish grill for dinner on the way home. seared ahi tuna, and a ceviche for appys. then dw had poo fish tacos, my boy had shrimp pad thai, and i had swordfish topped with spinach and lump crap.

dessert was creme brulee and espressos.

everything was outstanding, although service was fairly slow.

we went down the shore today to the red bank oyster festival. we scarfed down a few dozen oysters, cold cracked lobsters, and lemonades for lunch.

then we stopped at a bonefish grill for dinner on the way home. seared ahi tuna, and a ceviche for appys. then dw had poo fish tacos, my boy had shrimp pad thai, and i had swordfish topped with spinach and lump crap.

dessert was creme brulee and espressos.

everything was outstanding, although service was fairly slow.
Talk about slow service? We went for some bacon and eggs this morning and were the only ones ordering in the diner. Everybody else there was eating or done. It took ages and they got it wrong. They had one job!! And they blew it! Strike another diner off the list. Sometimes I hate living in small towns....:(

that sucks, rock. ours was bad but no where near that.

although, one time when our order was taking forever (like more than an hour since we were seated in a fairly empty restaurant) i happened to go to the bathroom only to see the 3 waitresses in the back parking lot having a very long cigarette break and were sharing a bottle of wine.

i told my wife, and after waiting another 10 minutes or so we got up, paid the bartender for the drinks and were walking out as they brought out the food. after seeing what happened, the manager followed us outside to bark at us. i told him what i saw and why we left, and that they were lucky we even paid for the drinks (just a couple of iced teas and a soda).

he was doubly lucky that i didn't release the kraken (aka my wife when her blood sugar gets really low).

Last edited:
I made some lemon pepper pasta and putanesca sauce tonight. It was actually and interesting combo. I added some sausage to TB's and had mine plain. I found a vegan Caesar salad dressing base at our Organic store and you just mix it with EVOO. It wasn't perfect, but did taste close to the real thing. Since we both can't have dairy and egg, it was nice to still be able to have the salad.

Thai yellow curry with beef, potatoes, onions and cashews. Served over jasmine rice that was topped with sliced avocado. The curry paste was a recipe I posted a while back.:yum:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom