Saturday night eats....10-4-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
It's a beautiful day for grilling, so I'm going to fire up the Weber pretty soon and grill some chicken thighs. Loaded up spinach salad on the side - baby spinach with chopped hard cooked egg, dried cranberries, toasted sliced almonds, shaved romano, and topped with crunchy dried chow mein noodles, with honey Dijon vinaigrette dressing. Getting hungry just typing this. :LOL:

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

Cold rainy fall day so I made a small pot of split pea soup for lunch.

It might be round two of the soup for dinner or a hot dog and a scoop of tomato salad.

We have leftover beanie weenies, and corn broccoli chowdah to get rid of, so I'm cooking up a batch of Tater Tots, just because it sounded good.

I've been doing prep and repackaging today. I had taken out a couple of little talapia filets before shopping, but I was out of oleo, so I couldn't make it the way I like.

Sooo... tonight's dinner will be talapia in garlic butter and yellow squash.

My daughter wants pizza so pizza it is. Twice this week.
Typical teenager event. I was just informed that my daughter will not join us for dinner because she has just made other plans. Now, I have to eat pizza for the second time this week because she is the one who asked for it.
Ahhh, the joys.:LOL:

Last edited:
Walleye pizza, mashed potato( instead of sauce), fresh pesto,olives,mozz cheese,seasoned with gumbo seasoning.

img_1391443_0_fa386e0b72dfb08769670675fea0ebed.jpg

Mediterranean chicken in the oven. Apple pie for dessert. There are enough veggies with the chicken that I don't need to do another. Salad is yet undetermined as is the starch. Must decide between quinoa and pasta.

Smells mighty fine in here though.

Great looking, and sounding, pizza. S&P. Winning points for originality. Here is what we had...
Good looking squirrel CM. Don't see much of that around here.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
It's a beautiful day for grilling, so I'm going to fire up the Weber pretty soon and grill some chicken thighs. Loaded up spinach salad on the side - baby spinach with chopped hard cooked egg, dried cranberries, toasted sliced almonds, shaved romano, and topped with crunchy dried chow mein noodles, with honey Dijon vinaigrette dressing. Getting hungry just typing this. :LOL:

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

The chicken was delish and I would have had a second piece, but the salad ended up being the star and I ended up having more of that instead. Oh boy, was that ever good with that Honey Dijon dressing. :ohmy: :yum:

img_1391475_0_4a6569471081f0de738dac4959e7f979.jpg

The chicken was delish and I would have had a second piece, but the salad ended up being the star and I ended up having more of that instead. Oh boy, was that ever good with that Honey Dijon dressing. :ohmy: :yum:
That looks delicious. Lots of delicious looking meals tonight.

We had Reuben sandwiches made on the grill.

I'm glad I'm still full from supper. If not, I'd be starving with all the fine-looking phood photos.

I boiled up a bunch of orphaned pasta shapes and made stove-top (as opposed to baked) Johnny Marzetti. Salad before, piece of Guinness chocolate cake after. Ooo, made homemade cheesy garlic bread too. Used some ciabatta bread I got when shopping yesterday. We each had two slices. I should have made more...
gqvEMVyU_v4Jvzy36LoUZQBNJJZv6jWcjpe5OWIUFh38B8YQ1lAd1JNh8LFcwijzqoNKpSE=s104

GF and I.....It was pretty big. We could only have one piece each. Lot of leftovers....
Since pizza was your DDs choice, perhaps you would like to wrap and freeze it for the next time she requests pizza? :LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom