Silly Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonifan1

Assistant Cook
Hello All-
Not sure if this question is best suited to the "terms & techniques" forum but here goes: I am making pan-seared chicken breasts with a lemon and chive butter sauce (that includes shallots). To go with it, I'm also making pan-roasted broccoli. The broccoli recipe calls for a lemon brown butter sauce (that includes garlic and thyme). So the silly question is: should I make both of these sauces or just use one sauce to use on both the broccoli and the chicken? It seems silly to do two different sauces for such a simple meal, but I'm pretty new to cooking (have been teaching myself) and don't know my way around all that well just yet). Thanks for any advice folks have!

Pay close attention. This is important!

Do what ever you want. Feeling tired or lazy? Make just one of the sauces. Feeling energetic? Make both. Feeling creative? Make different sauce(s).

Seriously, just do what you feel like. The food police are off duty.

Yep .. what Andy said.

That's the cool thing about cooking ... you can make it to your own taste, desires and time limits.

I thought about it and honestly I don't think I have ever made more than 1 sauce or gravy to serve with 1 meal .. ever!

And the amount of complaints I have received because of that would be zero.

If you need to choose 1 or the other ... choose the one that is done with the meat .. then if your diner needs sauce on the rest of the meal you can drizzle your pan sauce over it or pass them the butter !

Make yourself happy :chef:

I agree with the others.

If I was younger and thinner I would probably bathe in butter sauce! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

At this point in my life I tend to include only one item on a menu that has a sauce or gravy. In this case I would probably sauce the chicken, serve it with some sort of rice and a side of plain broccoli.

The main thing is to enjoy yourself and the people that you are cooking for!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom