Chicken Wings (Hot Wings) to work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wrap them in aluminium foil and put them in an insulated bag or styrofoam cooler with some very hot ugly bags of mostly water. Or you could use river rocks heated in the oven.

Reheated and crispy is a difficult thing to do.

The most success I've had is reheating items as quickly as you can on the highest heat possible.

Have you got a cooktop?

Get a pan/cooking surface up to a high heat and toss them on stirring them contently until they are up to a temperature that's acceptable for them to be consumed.

And remember that it's a party so if things aren't perfect people understand. Just get as close as you can.

Is there an outlet there? Bring along your $20 toaster oven and reheat them in batches (maybe double stack them in the toaster oven). You can then place them in styrofoam covered serving trays, they keep food warm, for a little while.

Walmart sells small stacks of square foam serving trays with lids.

Last edited:
That was my thought too, just bring your toaster oven to work.

It's very important that you find and follow the rules and regulations about what is allowed in a healthcare facility BEFORE you drag appliances in for a party. It's not your ability using the appliances it's whether the official bodies who do site inspections will allow them and let the facility keep it's accreditation to keep it's doors open. Employees who break those rules are soon unemployed.

Until we know what will be allowed at the party site, it's hard to come up with a fix that will be the best.

Some people can be a little careless with these appliances.

Well, no kidding, but that's not exactly the typical result. When used properly, a toaster oven won't set off a smoke alarm so it doesn't make sense to say "we can't use a toaster oven because it will" set it off.

In any case, dry heat is needed to re-crisp fried or crispy baked foods, so I think the OP needs to adjust expectations accordingly.

Last edited:
A lot of companies do not allow electrical food devices. Not even those mini hot plates to keep your cup of coffee warm at your desk. PF's advice was spot on. That's why they often provide a cafeteria or small lunch room with a fridge and microwave oven. I have never been in a company that also provided a stove for employee use. Not even a hot plate.

If your company has a full cafeteria with staff, they might be kind enough to reheat them in their oven for you providing it is not in use or has just been cleaned and shut off. The best you can do is ask. But don't break any rules to accomplish your goals. It is not worth the price. And very shortly after you are gone, the rest of the employees will still be making their paychecks while you aren't. Good luck. :angel:

Sorry for the late response. Dry heat at the hospital is a no-no. No toaster ovens, flat top griddles etc allowed. The only thing we're allowed in the breakroom is a microwave and a tea kettle that hasn't been confiscated yet. :) I can do dry and crispy at home and my only option seems to be to maintain that somehow at work with a microwave. How do we minimalize damage?

I could sneak in a crockpot for the day...any ideas there with the lid ajar?

Last edited:
I'd just toss the whole idea and bring something else. It's an exercise in futility to try to bring crispy wings and then try to recrisp them. Has anyone else ever done it?

I've been thinking along the same lines as lyndalou. If your wings have to be crispy, I'd scrap the idea and go with something else. On the other hand, I think most of us have had wings that were not freshly pulled from the oven and they are still good, even if they are not still crispy.

And on the "other" other hand, :LOL: maybe you could get a pork roast, shred it, and do pulled pork sandwiches with rolls...? Most folks like that, it's easy, and it would sure save you a lot of work and stress. Let us know what you decide, good luck to you with whatever you choose. :)

Last edited:
Sticky honey barbeque wings don't need to be crispy, and can be brought into work in a crockpot. Just another thought.

Last edited:
Not crispy, but really tasty, and can be taken and kept warm in you crock pot. This recipe has gotten good reviews from everyone who has tried it.

Smoldering Chicken

If you love Hot Wings*

If you love hot wings, then I have an outstanding barbecue chicken recipe for you. I call it Smoldering Chicken. It doesn’t burn your mouth, but leaves a warm glow.
And the flavor is amazing. Trust me, when you read the ingredients, you will probably think that this chicken is beyond the taste buds of ordinary mortals. It looks like it will be blistering hot. But it isn’t. It will surprise you. When I first made it, family members asked if I'd written down the recipe. Fortunately, I did.

The technique given is for use with a kettle-style charcoal grill, but can easily be adapted to any covered grill or barbecue, gas, wood, or charcoal. You could even bake the chicken in the oven. Enjoy.

Sauce:
1/3 cup Sriracha brand Hot Sauce
2 tbs. Tabasco Pepper Sauce
1 tbs. good soy sauce
½ cup water

8 to 10 chicken thighs, with the skin removed

Mix the sauce ingredients together. Pour into a 1 gallon freezer bag & add the chicken pieces. Move everything around inside the bag until the chicken is well coated with the sauce. Press the air from the bag and place it in the refrigerator for two hours. Make your side dishes during this marinating time.

Fire up the grill with a solid bed of charcoal and let it go until the coals are glowing. Place the chicken on the grill, leaving space between the pieces. Cover and close all vents half way. Cook for 7 minutes. Remove the lid and turn over. Cover and cook for 7 additional minutes. Test with an instant read meat thermometer. Remove the chicken when the temperature reads 160 degrees.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom