ISO reasonably-priced bakeware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
What's a good source for reasonably priced bakeware - cookie sheets, muffin pans, etc. I was at BBB today and the prices seem a bit high. A mini muffin pan was $22.

Restaurant supply, Amazon etc...

Real professional grade stuff from restaurant supply doesn't cost as much as you'd think, often cheaper than even Walmart. For instance 1/2 sheet size baking sheets for cookies and bars, $5 each at my restaurant supply. Loaf pans $7, cake pans $5. They are likely to last you a lifetime. We use these in a commercial environment and they get a lot of abuse and still hang together.

Using 40-50% coupons from craft stores can get you great deals on bakeware.

Last edited:
Restaurant supply, Amazon etc...

Real professional grade stuff from restaurant supply doesn't cost as much as you'd think, often cheaper than even Walmart. For instance 1/2 sheet size baking sheets for cookies and bars, $5 each at my restaurant supply. Loaf pans $7, cake pans $5. They are likely to last you a lifetime. We use these in a commercial environment and they get a lot of abuse and still hang together.

Using 40-50% coupons from craft stores can get you great deals on bakeware.

Which of the restaurant supply brand names have a good reputation?

I've purchased a number of items at Fantes. Their selection is awesome, along with all the helpful staff.
I'm embarrassed to admit I don't bake often, but I'm not missing many of these....not sure I'd need them...probably don't need all the stuff I have...not to mention the stuff that isn't on the list that I have...

BAKEWARE

***Apple baker
****Coeur a la creme mold
****Cornstick pan
****Madeleine pan
****Panettone mold
****Stollen mold

COFFEE & TEA

****Coffee roaster

COOKBOOKS (got those covered)

COOKWARE

***Paella pan
****Chestnut roaster
****Couscoussier
****Mongolian fire pot
****Pate mold
****Polenta pot
****Tagine
****Zabaglione pan

CUTLERY & RELATED TOOLS

****Aspic cutters
****Sushi & sashimi knives
****Truffle slicer

GADGETS

****Butane burner
****Caviar spoons & plates
****Duck press
****Pasta dryer
****Spaetzle maker
****Thermometer, wine
****Thermometer, yogurt
****Whipped cream maker

SMALL ELECTRICS
*Can opener (have a manual one)
****Gallette iron
****Raclette
****Pizzelle maker (that would be the krumkake/pizelle iron)

Honestly the brands that restaurant supply items regardless of the brand will be pretty tough. If your store carries multiple brands the workers there will tell you the chef's favorite.

I'll have to look around and see if there are any restaurant supply stores near me. There used to be one a couple of blocks away but it closed :(

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't bake often, but I'm not missing many of these....not sure I'd need them...probably don't need all the stuff I have...not to mention the stuff that isn't on the list that I have...

BAKEWARE

***Apple baker
****Coeur a la creme mold
****Cornstick pan
****Madeleine pan
****Panettone mold
****Stollen mold

COFFEE & TEA

****Coffee roaster

COOKBOOKS (got those covered)

COOKWARE

***Paella pan
****Chestnut roaster
****Couscoussier
****Mongolian fire pot
****Pate mold
****Polenta pot
****Tagine
****Zabaglione pan

CUTLERY & RELATED TOOLS

****Aspic cutters
****Sushi & sashimi knives
****Truffle slicer

GADGETS

****Butane burner
****Caviar spoons & plates
****Duck press
****Pasta dryer
****Spaetzle maker
****Thermometer, wine
****Thermometer, yogurt
****Whipped cream maker

SMALL ELECTRICS
*Can opener (have a manual one)
****Gallette iron
****Raclette
****Pizzelle maker (that would be the krumkake/pizelle iron)

I didn't suggest Fantes to imply that she needed everything they offer. they are a good place to get a general education about the hows and whys of some of the equipment used in a kitchen.

Any reasonable person has the free agency to pick and choose what they want and/or need.

I've always found their staff to be very informative and helpful when I've called them. They've never tried to sell me anything either. Just answer my questions. I appreciate that.

I didn't suggest Fantes to imply that she needed everything they offer. they are a good place to get a general education about the hows and whys of some of the equipment used in a kitchen.

Any reasonable person has the free agency to pick and choose what they want and/or need.

I've always found their staff to be very informative and helpful when I've called them. They've never tried to sell me anything either. Just answer my questions. I appreciate that.

I understood your intention Katie. Most of us with complete kitchens have far too many cooking items we don't need, or even use. Unless one has unlimited space, and a boat load of money one needs to choose wisely.

Until you know it's an item your going to use a lot you should go with the cheapest you can find. K-Mart, Walmart, etc. items are great to use for this. ;)
Use them until they wear out and find the properties you need in said items. Sometimes the Cheapo version is all you need.

When you find you need an upgrade on something then a good internet search with your acquired knowledge is in order.

Every kitchen/chef needs something. :)

Figuring out what that is and how much to budget for it is a subjective thing.

I always start cheap and place any replacements into the learning curve.

Some of the cheapest things I ever acquired are still around and functioning very well after years of use. :rolleyes:

I understood your intention Katie. Most of us with complete kitchens have far too many cooking items we don't need, or even use. Unless one has unlimited space, and a boat load of money one needs to choose wisely.

Yes space and cost are both considerations for me.

Agreed. When you decide you want to try making something that requires a new dish or piece of equipment, that's the time to look into buying it. Someone's arbitrary list isn't necessarily relevant to your needs.

TJ Maxx/Home Goods/Marshall's is also a good source of discount good-quality kitchen equipment, like KitchenAid and Cuisinart. But I have also bought several pieces from a local restaurant supply store.

No need to be embarrassed, CWS. Most people don't have that much stuff and most people don't need it. I would venture to say that people who do have all that stuff are either professional chefs or wannabes who are showing off. So I wouldn't worry about lacking any of it.

I'm not at all embarrassed by my lack of bakeware (or baking skills) :LOL: - if I want to bake something and don't have the exact pan it calls for, I make do with what I have, adjust the cooking time, and hope for the best! :ermm: :LOL:

Last edited:
Some of us just don't enjoy baking, and many of us like me, sure don't need the calories involved. If I really want to do a cake, maybe twice a year, I use my 9x13 that I use all the time for other things. My cupcake pan is in the garage with various nuts and bolts in it. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom