Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cookware (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f89/)
-   -   ISO reasonably-priced bakeware (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f89/iso-reasonably-priced-bakeware-91470.html)

kitchengoddess8 11-09-2014 04:17 PM

ISO reasonably-priced bakeware

What's a good source for reasonably priced bakeware - cookie sheets, muffin pans, etc. I was at BBB today and the prices seem a bit high. A mini muffin pan was $22.

Aunt Bea 11-09-2014 05:08 PM

I buy mine at estate sales.

bakechef 11-09-2014 05:08 PM

Restaurant supply, Amazon etc...

Real professional grade stuff from restaurant supply doesn't cost as much as you'd think, often cheaper than even Walmart. For instance 1/2 sheet size baking sheets for cookies and bars, $5 each at my restaurant supply. Loaf pans $7, cake pans $5. They are likely to last you a lifetime. We use these in a commercial environment and they get a lot of abuse and still hang together.

Using 40-50% coupons from craft stores can get you great deals on bakeware.

Katie H 11-09-2014 05:34 PM

I've purchased a number of items at Fantes. Their selection is awesome, along with all the helpful staff.

kitchengoddess8 11-09-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie H (Post 1397294)
I've purchased a number of items at Fantes. Their selection is awesome, along with all the helpful staff.

Wow what a great comprehensive checklist! Really helps to see what I may be missing.

kitchengoddess8 11-09-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakechef (Post 1397292)
Restaurant supply, Amazon etc...

Real professional grade stuff from restaurant supply doesn't cost as much as you'd think, often cheaper than even Walmart. For instance 1/2 sheet size baking sheets for cookies and bars, $5 each at my restaurant supply. Loaf pans $7, cake pans $5. They are likely to last you a lifetime. We use these in a commercial environment and they get a lot of abuse and still hang together.

Using 40-50% coupons from craft stores can get you great deals on bakeware.

Which of the restaurant supply brand names have a good reputation?

CWS4322 11-09-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie H (Post 1397294)

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't bake often, but I'm not missing many of these....not sure I'd need them...probably don't need all the stuff I have...not to mention the stuff that isn't on the list that I have...

BAKEWARE

***Apple baker
****Coeur a la creme mold
****Cornstick pan
****Madeleine pan
****Panettone mold
****Stollen mold

COFFEE & TEA

****Coffee roaster

COOKBOOKS (got those covered)

COOKWARE

***Paella pan
****Chestnut roaster
****Couscoussier
****Mongolian fire pot
****Pate mold
****Polenta pot
****Tagine
****Zabaglione pan

CUTLERY & RELATED TOOLS

****Aspic cutters
****Sushi & sashimi knives
****Truffle slicer

GADGETS

****Butane burner
****Caviar spoons & plates
****Duck press
****Pasta dryer
****Spaetzle maker
****Thermometer, wine
****Thermometer, yogurt
****Whipped cream maker

SMALL ELECTRICS
*Can opener (have a manual one)
****Gallette iron
****Raclette
****Pizzelle maker (that would be the krumkake/pizelle iron)

Kayelle 11-09-2014 07:35 PM

Try Ebay...

bakechef 11-09-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitchengoddess8 (Post 1397299)
Which of the restaurant supply brand names have a good reputation?

Honestly the brands that restaurant supply items regardless of the brand will be pretty tough. If your store carries multiple brands the workers there will tell you the chef's favorite.

kitchengoddess8 11-09-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakechef (Post 1397315)
Honestly the brands that restaurant supply items regardless of the brand will be pretty tough. If your store carries multiple brands the workers there will tell you the chef's favorite.

I'll have to look around and see if there are any restaurant supply stores near me. There used to be one a couple of blocks away but it closed :(