Hello from 'Zaar Refugee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andypants

Assistant Cook
Hello. I was an infrequent poster on recipezaar (mostly Asian Cooking forum) for years, I joined the facebook offshoot but hate using FB, and my membership on a similar yuku group was cancelled because I didn't post frequently enough. :neutral:

I am mostly here because it's Thanksgiving! :chef: and I made a great tzimmes without a recipe. I will post it to the appropriate section.

Hi, Andypants! Welcome to Discuss Cooking! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

I feel like I must tell you - one of our long-time members is named Andy, so Andypants comes across as pretty funny to me! :LOL: How did you come up with it? And what are tzimmes?

It sounded vaguely dirty and somewhat like a joke Goodfellas-type nickname (e.g. Joe Bagadonuts), and my name is Andrew.

Tzimmes is pretty much what I described, there are even a few other tzimmes recipes on this site, which is how I found it.

Last edited:
Thanks. Is there a way to edit my recipe, I don't see an Edit button anymore. The carrots were a bit too firm, some other recipes recommended adding them after it had cooked awhile but I think they should have gone in with the other ingredients.

Got the paragraph thing straightened out, I had to delete my cookies and log back in.

You have, I think, 18 minutes to edit from time of posting. After that, just hit the "Report" button, say what you need to edit, and someone will help you out.

Welcome to DC!

Last edited:
Welcome to Discuss Cooking AP. I was at Zaar before I found DC. It's more cozy here.

Actually I thought recipezaar morphed into Food.com ages ago. Does zaar still exist?

Back
Top Bottom