Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
poof.gif
went the original "Stray Thoughts" thread. Time for a new one.

Just got my delivery of coffee today. Six, one-pound bags. :w00t2: Hope I got enough to get me through the holidays.

I really don't think you need more coffee...

Shrek asked when I was going to stop buying cookbooks. I think he's insane.

What if I am not ready for Christmas this year. I mean the holiday specifically, tis NOT the season for me this year. Very ambivalent about the whole thing.

What if I am not ready for Christmas this year. I mean the holiday specifically, tis NOT the season for me this year. Very ambivalent about the whole thing.

I've had Christmas's like that before, back when I was in the middle of a divorce, or a family member's death, or whatever. Seeing everyone happy and celebrating was the last thing I wanted to be a part of. Depending upon your beliefs, it's just another day on the calendar...hope I don't get flamed for saying that. :)

Last edited:
I've had Christmas's like that before, back when I was in the middle of a divorce, or a family member's death, or whatever. Seeing everyone happy and celebrating was the last thing I wanted to be a part of. Depending upon your beliefs, it's just another day on the calendar...hope I don't get flamed for saying that. :)

Nah. Everyone is entitled to an off day(s) every so often. I have had quite a few this past year. I have no ambition to do anything. :angel:

Our newly divorced (and at the same time surprised when his now ex wife left him) neighbor was putting up Christmas lights when we went for our walk tonight. Bless him. He got the house. Multicolored, but pretty.

Stray Thought...

How do you know when it's time to no longer drive any motorized vehicles?

Where we live, here in the middle of the desert, we see many, many older snow-birds on the road who REALLY shouldn't be.

I am exceedingly grateful that my own Mother knew that when we all moved here to the 'mainland' that she should not attempt to drive here.

Stray Thought...

Where we live, here in the middle of the desert, we see many, many older snow-birds on the road who REALLY shouldn't be.

I am exceedingly grateful that my own Mother knew that when we all moved here to the 'mainland' that she should not attempt to drive here.

K, my daughter works for the Registry. The Registry here has set up a phone number that you can call to report someone you think shouldn't be on the road due to age. You don't have to leave your name. She told me that when that phone number first went into effect, it was inundated with calls from children of elderly folks who shouldn't be driving. Perhaps if you can get the license number and report it without leaving your name, it would protect your identity. I know our manager here has had to report at least three residents.
They were called in to be retested and none of them passed the eye exam. License denied.

I know you hate to take away their freedom. But it may just be the time for their children to step up and take over the driving needs of them. WE had one tenant that was driving 15 mph and most of the time it was up on the sidewalk. The manager called his children and they took his keys away. They sold his car for him and put the money in his bank account. They tell you here in Mass. "Driving is a privilege, not a right."

One more thing the Registry did was make the license renewal every three years past 65 y.o. For others it is ten years. :angel:

Stray Thought...

It only works if the person involved agrees.

Shrek decided a year ago that he could no longer drive at night and then a few months ago he gave me the car keys.

People need to make that decision while they can still make that decision, otherwise you have a fight on your hands.

K-Girl, every state has their own rules. I suppose you could check with the local license office or your insurance agent. I bet insurance agents know every angle on how to encourage people to relinquish their driver license. ;)

Every five years, Addie. You have to cough up the $$ every five years. Even those older than 65 renew every five years. If you are 75 you have no choice but to renew in person - no online renewal. You CAN reuse your photo once, so that might be why you think you renew every 10.

Christmas is highly over-rated, IMO. Take the time you need, do what you want, or just say "bah-humbug" and skip Christmas.
Hugs

Christmas is highly over-rated, IMO. Take the time you need, do what you want, or just say "bah-humbug" and skip Christmas.
Hugs

Thanks CWS, it's been a tough couple of months at this homestead. Just not in the Holiday Spirit. On the 27th Shrek and I will be married 30 years, that I feel happy about.

30 years. Wow, you were a child bride.

PF, some years you do what you have to do. December is an inauspicious month in our family because my Dad and Himself's Mom both died in Decembers. My Mom was in ICU her last Christmas. You would think I would want November to last 61 days. But I don't. Hang a star somewhere to remind you there are brighter days ahead. Like the 27th! :heart: In case we forget, you and Shrek have a wonderful anniversary.

K-Girl, every state has their own rules. I suppose you could check with the local license office or your insurance agent. I bet insurance agents know every angle on how to encourage people to relinquish their driver license. ;)

Every five years, Addie. You have to cough up the $$ every five years. Even those older than 65 renew every five years. If you are 75 you have no choice but to renew in person - no online renewal. You CAN reuse your photo once, so that might be why you think you renew every 10.

I don't have a drivers license as I don't drive. I have a State ID. Mine has no expiration date. The new ones do. I don't even look like the photo on it anymore. It was taken more than 20 years ago. :angel:

30 years. Wow, you were a child bride.

PF, some years you do what you have to do. December is an inauspicious month in our family because my Dad and Himself's Mom both died in Decembers. My Mom was in ICU her last Christmas. You would think I would want November to last 61 days. But I don't. Hang a star somewhere to remind you there are brighter days ahead. Like the 27th! :heart: In case we forget, you and Shrek have a wonderful anniversary.

LOL and he is my second husband.

Thank you!:wub:

Stray Thought...

I had one grandmother that was very resistant to stop driving, and the other that have it up on her own. Ironically the one that gave it up on her own was the better driver when she gave it up. She sat in her car one day and pretended to go from the gas to the brake to test her reaction time, she realized that it was too slow and didn't want to take the chance of hurting someone. She handed the keys to my cousin that desperately needed a car.

I'm one of those people who look OK fully-clothed. Without clothing, not so much. Bathing suits don't work either, now I need a burkah. :(

Back
Top Bottom