My most precious tool - Pizza oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnnys

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone!

I am about to realize a dream with a friend of mine. We bought a pizza restaurant in Sweden in a central spot. It was in a really bad shape so we are refurnishing the whole place.
However we cant get along of which type of pizza oven we want to use. We have the space for both solutions linked below. But what we want to hear from you is your opinions of the pizza oven visuals. Do you prefer the baked-in type or the more calzone-looking type? :) (Please just base it on the visuals).

Please give us some feedback!
restaurant-oven-1-1024x768.jpg

ph_vitos04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
However we cant get along of which type of pizza oven we want to use. We have the space for both solutions linked below. But what we want to hear from you is your opinions of the pizza oven visuals.

They are both nice and create a stunning visual. I, myself, prefer the domed one (first pic)

Do you prefer the baked-in type or the more calzone-looking type? :) (Please just base it on the visuals).

I have no idea what you mean by "baked-in" pizza and can't figure out what a calzone-looking pizza would be. A calzone is basically an inside out pizza which looks nothing like a regular pizza.

It would make more sense to make that decision based on the characteristics of the pizza you want to make, the cost of the oven, and the space you have available to place it. Why are you asking a group of strangers, most of whom live in the U.S., to vote on which type of business equipment you should buy?

I would go with the less expensive one. Although the domed one will allow the customer to see his pizza baking. Although a lot of your heat will be going out into the room. The opening is larger. Which one has the larger floor space aside from the part used for the fire? You want to be able to cook as many pizzas as possible if you should get really busy.

The domed one has eye appeal. The brick one is more economical in the amount of fuel used. Thinking ahead into the future, I would go with the brick wall. :angel:

I would go with the less expensive one. Although the domed one will allow the customer to see his pizza baking. Although a lot of your heat will be going out into the room. The opening is larger. Which one has the larger floor space aside from the part used for the fire? You want to be able to cook as many pizzas as possible if you should get really busy.

The domed one has eye appeal. The brick one is more economical in the amount of fuel used. Thinking ahead into the future, I would go with the brick wall. :angel:

The fire box in the brick oven owned by a local bakery is underneath the floor of the oven opening. So it doesn't give the oven a larger footprint.

The one with the dome top is most impressive, I would be too lazy to keep it clean. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I would go with the second option!

I am just very impressed with your venture. No matter the choice, good luck with the new restaurant.
Sweden is a great place for a warm inviting oven like pictured in the top photo.
Both look inviting.

Welcome to DC! I recall eating mediocre pizza in Stockholm. Where? No clue. There was a local (Ottawa, ON) pizza place that made amazing gourmet pizzas. I so miss Nick's tiger shrimp, brie cheese, mango, and almond pizza drizzled with his house-special seasoned olive oil.

I personally like the first photo, but would want to pick the one that served the purpose for which it is being purchased, is easier to maintain, clean, and requires less fuel. Also, which one suits the rest of the décor.

If going strictly by looks, the Domed one would probably be more of a conversation piece.

That being said, the First one looks more rustic, the second one looks a little more elegant.

I would kill for either.

So Larry, if Johnnys is never heard of again on DC, and you start making incredible pizza in a wood-fired oven, should we put 2+2 together?

So Larry, if Johnnys is never heard of again on DC, and you start making incredible pizza in a wood-fired oven, should we put 2+2 together?

Im in :chef:

Ive been contemplating putting an outside Pizza Brick oven just off the patio. Just dont think I'd use it enough to justify the price. but I'm tempted so one day!;)

Im in :chef:

Ive been contemplating putting an outside Pizza Brick oven just off the patio. Just dont think I'd use it enough to justify the price. but I'm tempted so one day!;)
Ha-ha. A friend of mine build a pizza brick oven on their patio. He's an architect, so maybe that helped. I so want to build one at the farm...

Even if you don't use it as often, building it is the fun part and it's a great conversation piece. Or light a few pieces of logs for ambiance....

RF.......I LOVE the one you built in your backyard sometime ago. While it speaks well of your genuine modesty you really should post some pictures of yours for those who haven't seen what a great job you did.

I bet more and more homes are starting to have these included in the build plans, just guessing. I say that because those ovens look as if they'd go as well in a home as they would in a restaurant.

Last edited:
Thats a lot of pizza:LOL:
Oh yes, but there's so many topping combinations that a person would never get bored!

When I make pizza dough, I always make a double (or triple, or quadruple!) batch so I can freeze the excess. My intention is to have a stock of dough in the freezer... but it usually just ends in us eating pizza every day until it's gone. :-p

Last year, thinking I would love it, The Pirate bought a pizza from Santarpio's with extra, extra cheese. There was so much cheese, that the oil from it was in pools on top of the pizza. It was delicious and as I was on my second piece, came the oh,oh moment. All that oil set off a gall bladder attack and I ended up in the hospital. I was there overnight. But while I was still in the ER, I had to cough. And lo and behold, the stone that was doing the blocking of the duct came loose. If I had known that, I would have coughed my head off. I will have to remember that trick for the next attack.

But I still eat pizza any chance I get. I just don't get it with extra cheese. Unfortunately, three slices is about all my tummy will take before I feel to full to eat anymore. But a cold slice in the morning for breakfast has always been my way of not wasting food. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom