Monday Night Football Supper, 12/15/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I made 'no-knead' parm-rosemary bread this afternoon,
so it's snacks in front of the TV watching football for us
003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Howz `bout your place?

Burgers tonight. My current favorite is burger with provolone, genoa salami, tomato, mayo and jalapeños. If only I had some cooked bacon...

Small strips of NY Sirloin steak with mushroom gravy over rice. It is delicious but I was only to get about four mouthful down and sure enough the food got stuck. I can't wait until next week. I go for the barium to see what the problem is.

The dinner is so good, I am going to keep trying to eat it, one mouthful at a time. The Pirate cooked for me. :angel:

We had Bison Ribeye with horseradish cream sauce, braised red cabbage, and sautéed mushrooms. Washed down with homemade Pinot Noir.

For years, Mrs. K has steadfastly declared her hatred for red cabbage. However, tonight, she ate it without a single complaint. Deciding not to leave well enough alone, I asked, "Did you like the cabbage?"

Her reply: <shrug> "It was edible."

Well, that's something, I guess. :LOL:

img_1402498_0_57b470294bc595cb0073ef545c5bcaee.jpg

Last edited:
We had Bison Ribeye with horseradish cream sauce, braised red cabbage, and sautéed mushrooms. Washed down with homemade Pinot Noir.

img_1402499_0_57b470294bc595cb0073ef545c5bcaee.jpg

Steve, the bison belongs to the bovine family. Does their meat taste anything like steak from a steer or cow? I think of bison meat having a stronger, almost gamey taste of beef. :angel:

Steve, the bison belongs to the bovine family. Does their meat taste anything like steak from a steer or cow? I think of bison meat having a stronger, almost gamey taste of beef. :angel:
No gaminess at all. Around here, bison are pasture fed and raised pretty much like cattle, so the meat tastes a lot like beef, in my opinion. Like elk, it doesn't have a lot of fat, so you have to be very careful not to overcook it.

Thank you to both of you. Andy, do you know of any store around the Boston area that sells bison? How much does it cost per pound as a rule? :angel:

We had overdressed salad bar and split a Fred Fintstone-sized prime rib, medium rare, at a semi-local favorite restaurant.

Thank you to both of you. Andy, do you know of any store around the Boston area that sells bison? How much does it cost per pound as a rule? :angel:

No idea how much it costs. I've seen it at Market Basket. The sell packages of ground bison and small steaks.

Looks mighty good, Steve and kgirl. :yum:

Tonight's dinner was roasted chicken wings with a little bbq sauce, and fried green tomatoes with ranch dressing. YUM - haven't had FGT in years, and forgot just how good they are! :)

Look in Costco or Sam's Club
Love Elk, Bison, delish!, but yeah, very lean, much better for you than bovine, better served rare to medium-rare, maybe wrapped in bacon, alittle added fat.

I took the lazy way out--had about a cup of that woodstove chili left, nuked a potato, topped it with the chili and some sour cream.

Made ham and bean soup, finally using the ham bone from a while back. Not much meat on the bone, so I added a small length of smoked kielbasa from the Polish grocery store in town. Added some chopped kale to make the soup look healthy. With the green kale and red tomato chunks, the soup looked seasonably red and green!

Smoked turkey/pablano sausage/shrimp jambalaya. Sorry about the messy plate.:(

36788-albums318-picture6165.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom