Christmas eats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
So what is everyone having today? I made Christmas breakfast to start...will start dinner in a few hours.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Attachments

• 1419527146138.jpg
    1419527146138.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 213
I started with breakfast too. Taylor Ham (pork roll,a Jersey thing), potato's & eggs.

img_1403795_0_5901281edc95e8d5130c507f8566644d.jpg

I will be doing a turkey, shellfish, lobster,king crab, shrimp gumbo finished with caramel cheese cake & peppermint ice cream which is being made right now in the KA mixer.
Merry Christmas to all.

Looks good, Dave and Joey! :yum:

No pics of our brunch - didn't think of it until it was all set on the table, and the hungry 4 yr. old grandson wasn't about to wait for pics. :LOL: I changed up the menu a bit from what I had planned.

Layered breakfast casserole of thick sliced French bread, crumbled cooked bulk sausage, cheese, a little spinach for greenery :), topped with a mixture of eggs and 1/2 and 1/2 to seep all down into the goodness, and baked. More cheese to top at the end of cooking time.

Sides of biscuits with homemade country gravy, a fresh fruit salad, and blended orange juice and mango to drink. :yum: Stuffed....the family has gone home to nap before heading out to other Christmas eats, and I'm back in my comfies ready to hit the recliner and watch a movie. :)

Merry Christmas!

We had buttermilk pancakes with butter and maple syrup. The first straight carbs I've had in two weeks.

Sprout and zucchini salad with a creamy peppercorn dressing for lunch.

Shrek is having baby red potatoes along with the T-bone steak and steamed broccoli we are sharing. He has lots of dessert picks, I have 1 ounce of 72% cacao chocolate to let melt in my mouth.

Last edited:
We made bacon, eggs and French toast for breakfast. Our friends cooked a 20 pound prime rib, to perfection with coconut cream pie made by me for dessert.

Bacon, eggs, "home fries" made from cauliflower and a small glass of eggnog for breakfast.

Kielbasa for picking and ham for dinner.

I'll polish off the eggnog later!

So much food and I'm still dreaming of all the things I didn't have! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Prime rib, squash and goat cheese gratin, cream of mushroom soup, and a small salad. Believe it or not, I was still good on my diet today, and managed to stay under 1700 calories, BUT it involved fasting most of the day in anticipation of the big meal.

Weirdest thing of all is that it didn't even put a dent in all the food the refrigerator. At this rate I won't have to buy groceries for two weeks. :pig:

Breakfast was spelt multigrain bread spread with organic mayo and topped with organic smoked salmon. Ate with avocado and lamb's lettuce. (I was surprised how delicious the organic smoked salmon was).

A deconstructed black forest gateau - sliced double chocolate muffin spread with morello cherry compote and topped with thick double cream that had brandy in it.

The xmas meal was a porchetta recipe - belly of pork sandwiched with excellent stuffing (caramelised onion and fennel, with pine nuts, raisins and orange juice). Baked on a bed of root veg and wine with citrus juices. The flesh was rubbed with a fennel seed mix that had citrus rind and salt. (The stuffing was the best part). Ate with brussel sprouts and potato wedges with gravy from base veg.
Yet another recipe discarded...ah well!

Last edited:
Our breakfast was coffee and cranberry nut muffins.

Dinner was a boneless ribeye roast, gravy, lyonnaise potatoes, pilaf and broccoli.

Dessert was paklava, chocolate ganache cake and ice cream and an assortment of Christmas cookies.

For brunch, we had chicken tortilla soup from the freezer. I added some Velveeta and it was much improved.

For dinner, I made my first standing rib roast and it came out just perfectly. We also had roasted veggies, baked potatoes and yeast rolls. Flourless chocolate cake with dark chocolate-cinnamon ganache was just to die for. So good.

Attachments

• 1419562358696.jpg
    1419562358696.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 1419562376290.jpg
    1419562376290.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 1419562387697.jpg
    1419562387697.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 191
Starting prep work on phase 2 of holiday eats - shredding cheese, chopping onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, etc. :) My brother couldn't be here on Christmas day so we're doing an early afternoon dinner tomorrow.

We're having a Mexican feast - chicken enchiladas, chiles rellenos casserole, refried black beans, Spanish rice, guacamole, and hopefully some local homemade tamales from Maria the Tamale Lady. :yum: I might be too late for tomorrow afternoon, but I'll try her in the AM and see.

Saturday, my granddaughters will be here, so daughter is hosting a ham dinner at her house. OMG. I am so going to have to diet after the holidays, but for now, I don't care and will enjoy! :ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom