How to make a NY strip steak tender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never had an issue with a strip being "tough", its actually my favorite cut. IMO it has the most flavor, texture, and consistency..

How are you cooking it as of now? Heres my method... because like most meats its all in the prep..
First, I cut 1 1/2" 14 to 16oz steaks {I buy an 18lb choice sirloin, trim and cut the steaks myself}, let the meat get room temp, patt dry, and season with sea salt and pepper... Thats it, 1 1/2" thick, room temp, salt and pepper..

I cook in a cast iron pan brought to temp, let a little butter and onion {onions already done when you add the steak, pan dry-ish} sizzle around the edges..

Drop the room temp dry seasoned cut on the pan, DONT TOUCH IT...
depending on the size wait a few minutes and flip it once, again dont touch it...

Another couple to few minutes again depending on what size and how much red you like, remove it from the pan and plate it, cover with onion mushrooms, swiss cheese, or just eat it plain with some mashed...

If you cook it that way and don't over cook it {its gonna cook fast}, your steak will be perfect every time... Swaying just a bit like will sway the results, like a cold steak, too thick or thin, not preheating the pan, moving it aroud in the pan, flipping too many times, etc, and its ruined fast...

PPO, could he use a Foodsaver bag in a pot of simmering water kept at that temp?

Food saver bags are BPA free so they are safe.

Using a pot of water with a thermometer in it would work. It would just require a lot of attention when heating.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom