Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
Fired the Akorn and did a reverse sear on some thick cut boneless pork chops.

img_1407022_0_788ae62087e76fba4f6224fae2e5e9e5.jpg

Nice!

I'm hoping that the 7 day forecast is right and next Sunday will be as nice as it's currently projected to be. I have some country style ribs that I want to put on my so far only once used grill (bought just before winter set in with a vengeance). My wife's sister and father will be dining with us, and I'll be cooking while they are at church. It would be nice to be able to do it up right, but it's always chancy here in NE Colorado this time of year.

Nice!

I'm hoping that the 7 day forecast is right and next Sunday will be as nice as it's currently projected to be. I have some country style ribs that I want to put on my so far only once used grill (bought just before winter set in with a vengeance). My wife's sister and father will be dining with us, and I'll be cooking while they are at church. It would be nice to be able to do it up right, but it's always chancy here in NE Colorado this time of year.

Hope it works out for you. It got up to 70* here today.

How long did you cook them and whats "reverse sear"?

I have not had much luck cooking chops slow. My best results are when I treat them like steaks.
Pork chops as pictured take about 8-10 minutes to fry.

I have not had much luck cooking chops slow. My best results are when I treat them like steaks.

I cooked them at 300* until 120* and removed them. I opened the vents and got the Akorn to 650* and put the chops back on to sear them. They were good.

Reverse sear is just searing at the end of the cooking process instead of the beginning. I've only seen it in recipes for roasts, but that's because steaks and chops are usually not done slow.

Reverse sear is just searing at the end of the cooking process instead of the beginning. I've only seen it in recipes for roasts, but that's because steaks and chops are usually not done slow.

Yep. I like my steaks rare so I would not use reverse sear on them. But, with pork chops nearly 2" thick, it works well.

Back
Top Bottom