Did anyone eat on Tuesday, Feb 24th, 2015?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I fear our daily dinner thread has finally run its course. Seems it's getting later and later before it shows up, if at all. :(

We had a very late dinner tonight. Mrs K and I just bought all new windows for the house and had a salesman come out and show us their offerings. I thought he might be there for an hour, but it turned into three hours because we were chatting away.

We had fresh broiled Coho salmon, with homemade tartar sauce (I had several egg yolks leftover from another meal), along with a wilted spinach salad and warm bacon dressing. I completely forgot to take a photo because I was so hungry by that point. So you'll just have to trust me when I say that it was a pretty good looking meal.

Last edited:
I pan fried a couple of pork chops using a seasoning blend I got for Christmas. They were pretty tasty. Rice pilaf and a veggie completed the meal.

We have Hello Fresh this week, so we had one of their recipes. Roasted pork chops over mashed potatoes with a rosemary and caramelized onion gravy. I also added sautéed spinach because I do not consider mashed potatoes a vegetable, haha. I like this service but always end up changing about a million things in the recipe! Tonight was no different. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424837519.379982.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I fear our daily dinner thread has finally run its course. Seems it's getting later and later before it shows up, if at all."

Shy typists? I always look forward to this thread and it seems to get a lot of hits/ views every day.

Late dinner tonight after a busy day. I just finished dinner a little bit ago. Very Continental style dining. Luckily I had lunch today. Both the same meal --warmed up veggie soup. I made a pan of Malto Meal Muffins this morning to go with the soup.

Must have been a pork chop day. We had pork chops in onion gravy a la kadesma. I was feeling lazy so we also had brussels sprouts and veggie bits rather than a salad.

I fear our daily dinner thread has finally run its course. Seems it's getting later and later before it shows up, if at all. :(..
I hope not. I've gotten good dinner ideas from what others prepare. Since I'm "Justa Wife" I'll try to pick up the pace earlier in the day.

I did a big dinner: roast ham, roasted beets, roasted spaghetti squash, and potatoes Lyonnaise. Being efficient with the oven and electricity use. ;) Veggies are gone, but the ham can be reborn in a couple more meals.

I look forward to this thread, too and will also try to help out by starting one earlier in the day. :) I thought about it earlier, then got involved in house projects.

I ended up warming up some leftover roast chicken from yesterday and had a small salad with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom