ISO help/advice on home-roasting coffee beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacco

Assistant Cook
Hello the forum,

I would like to hear from some of you that roast their own coffee beans. How do you roast coffee beans. Where do you get the beans to roast? I presently use 8 O'clock colombian peaks beans and grind them with a Mr. Coffee grinder. I appreciate any words of wisdom. Thanks. Jacco

...Where do you get the beans to roast?...
We don't roast our own, but we do buy our roasted beans from "Dean's Beans". The also offer green beans for various prices around $6 a pound, give or take 50 cents. They also sell a small home roaster (I kinda have an eye on getting one) but they are out of stock right now. They have really good coffee at very fair market prices AND they are kind to the environment and the farmers they partner with.

Here is the link to their website, if you're interested: Dean's Beans

I'm not sure where he gets his beans, but we have a friend who buys air poppers at thrift stores and roasts his coffee in them. Amazingly good coffee...

Hello the forum,

I would like to hear from some of you that roast their own coffee beans. How do you roast coffee beans. Where do you get the beans to roast? I presently use 8 O'clock colombian peaks beans and grind them with a Mr. Coffee grinder. I appreciate any words of wisdom. Thanks. Jacco
For me, there are some things that life is too short for. My coffee suppliers of choice, Taylors of Harrogate, have spent nearly 130 years perfecting their coffee roasts and that's good enough for me. Of their 9 blends, all of which are gorgeous, "Rich Italian" is my favourite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom