Tuesday the 10th. What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
With the eventual completion of taco dinner last night, we are back on track for the weekly menu.

Scheduled for tonight is Pad Thai with shrimp.

What's scheduled for your dinner?

Even though I said last night that I was done with the multi meals from that Costco rotisserie chicken, there are abundant leftovers from last nights casserole, and I don't think it would freeze well, so that's what's for dinner again tonight. Let's see, that makes 5 meals for two from one $6.00 chicken. Talk about bang for your buck!

We most definitely won't be eating any more chicken for a while. lol

Kay, I sure wish we had a closer Costco - I've been craving one of their rotisserie chickens, but it's a 3 hour round trip drive. Then we have to hit Trader Joe's while we're there, so it takes the entire day. :LOL:

This afternoon's dinner will be a grilled burger on a toasted onion bun, and homemade potato salad.

Not sure here. If the kid gets up in time for supper, we may order pizza. If not, I may just warm up the left overs and make a salad.

A quick chicken bake. Yes, cream of mushie soup is used, along with white wine, Swiss cheese, crushed herb stuffing mix, S&P. Served over egg noodles with a side of asparagus.:yum:

We're feeding a good friend who has been batching it for a couple of months while his wife out out of state taking care of her mother.

He enjoys good eats so we'll have herb-crusted pork roast (garlic salt and herbes de provence), mashed sweet potatoes with cinnamon and honey, fresh asparagus with lemon-butter sauce, iced tea and dessert...don't know. He's bringing it.

Our biggest goal is to get him to slow down and relax a bit. He's been going full bore since his wife left and he doesn't understand the meaning of the word, "relax," so maybe we can get him to take 5. Worst comes to worst, we'll let the air out of all his tires.:angel::rolleyes:

I'm so tired--today a film crew was in (TFO). Who knew shopping and faking cooking could be so exhausting. I have asparagus to steam, goat cheese, but I just don't feel like moving off the couch. And, I'm not hungry.

With the eventual completion of taco dinner last night, we are back on track for the weekly menu.

Scheduled for tonight is Pad Thai with shrimp.

What's scheduled for your dinner?

In the category of "Best laid plans"

Doing mise en plas for tonight's pad thai and I couldn't find the tamarind paste. Looked throughout the fridge and checked the pantry for a new jar. No dice. So we went out for pizza.

Driving to the restaurant, I remembered I had some tamarind concentrate (the seedless type-much easier to use) in the freezer that I had forgotten about. I'm really angry that I forgot about that.

At least the pizza was good.

Well Andy, if "The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, Gang aft agley" I must be the mouse since you are a man.

I was going to roast a chicken. Then got lazy. So Himself picked up Chinese combination meals for us from a new-to-us place. It's always crowded when I drive by, so we figured it had to be good. Not only good, but very plentiful! Our two dinner, $16 dollar purchase resulted in enough food for at least five servings! Not bad for just over $3 a serving. Himself had egg foo yung with fried rice and chicken wings, mine was chicken and broccoli with egg roll and fried rice. I think I won't have to cook until Friday!

Back
Top Bottom