Got a New Cookbook!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maelinde

Senior Cook
Hiya Everyone!

Over the weekend, my hubby Randy and I went to the North Texas Irish Festival and as always, we hit up the bookseller. :yum:

Usually I get costuming/pattern books for medieval and Renaissance costuming, and I did get one of those, but I also got a fabulous cookbook this year!

It is called "Modern Ways with Traditional Scottish Recipes" by Rosalie Gow. I haven't yet had the chance to cook with it yet, but I got my eyes on Cock-A-Leekie Soup which Randy really loves seeing he's half Scottish.

I have another book I got years ago from the same bookseller at Irish Fest called "Celtic Folklore Cooking" by Joanne Asala. I've made many recipes from this book (with a little tweaking from me) that have pleased family and friends. I've done up Scottish Eggs, Shortbread, Pumpkin bread, Colcannon, and more than I can admit. I just have to find that book, as we still haven't unpacked our books after moving to the house in 2013. :huh:

I do highly recommend each of the two books as they are so interesting and have delish recipes.

I'm half Irish, half German so I tend to cook in the themes of Celtic and German varieties as I enjoy it so much.:chef:

I'd love to check out your Irish cookbook! I just put together my own cookbook of St. Patrick's Day recipes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom