For those who do Easter ham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fairygirl69

Senior Cook
I have decided that our new smoker's maiden voyage with be double smoking our Easter ham. I hear that it's better than the Honeybaked Ham Store this way. Does anybody else do this? How did you go about it and how did it turn out?

Sent from my 831C using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I have decided that our new smoker's maiden voyage with be double smoking our Easter ham. I hear that it's better than the Honeybaked Ham Store this way. Does anybody else do this? How did you go about it and how did it turn out?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "double smoking"? Are you planning on using a fresh ham or one that has previously been smoked?

I'm going to smoke and glaze a ham that's been previously smoked.

I'm going to smoke and glaze a ham that's been previously smoked.

Generally, once something has been cured and smoked it will not take on any more smoke. Those hams are mostly reheat and serve. Further cooking, even at low temps may dry it out.

The one I did was already smoked. I threw it on the fire until heated through. Turned out really good. I smothered it in honey. I make ham steaks on the grill also. Same way. Smothered in honey. leave on until heated through.

I just use dark brown sugar on ham. Just enough sweetness and the flavor of the molasses in the sugar comes through. Heat the ham slice on one side until just warm. Flip it over and place the sugar on it until melted and the ham slice is hot. Delicious!

If I am baking a ham, I mix the dark brown sugar with drained crushed pineapple and place it all over the ham. It makes for a nice crust and flavor on the ham. I do poke with a long fork and at the end pour the drained pineapple juice over the ham. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom