What's for Dinner? Thursday, March 19th, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight I made a batch of Luca's lasagna for myself. SO doesn't care for it so she's having stuffed shells.

I had a steamed artichoke and the last of the potato salad. I ate outside on the patio around 4, it was very nice. :)

Almost gave my hand Freezer Burn rummaging around and pulling stuff to heat for dinner. Broccoli, marinara sauce, Italian meatballs to go with spaghetti. Wishin' I could develop Brain Freeze with a little ice cream for dessert.

I had a steamed artichoke and the last of the potato salad. I ate outside on the patio around 4, it was very nice. :)
stick-tongue-out-2.jpg

We're cleaning out the freezer, too. Couple of chicken breasts, diced and braised in a little white wine, then heated with garlic scape pesto and a little cream over some almost-freezer burned Costco butternut raviolis.

So tired from shopping, I just took some brie, chopped radishes, almonds, light cream cheese, purple kale, some srarchi--put that in the blender and made lettuce wraps here I smeared that on the Romaine lettuce leaves, added some julienne carrot, some grated fennel, pickled ginger to make lettuce wraps. Mayo-srarchi dipping sauce with a titch of local honey was drizzled on top before rolling and used for the dipping sauce. I was just too tired think of anything else.

CWS, I feel for your "tired from shopping". Literally. I had planned ahead yesterday, but we know the "best laid plans" line.

Today (Thursday) was "St. Joseph's Feast Day", nearly as big a deal in Polish neighborhoods as St. Patrick's is in Irish ones. Tonight we feasted on Polish-deli bought gołąbki. I mashed two small, red-skin potatoes and steamed 1/2 head cabbage in beer. For the cabbage, I first sauteed some red onion. Too sweet. Next time I do this I'll use good, ol' yellow onion. Na zdrowie!
mug_of_beer_wallpaper-391435-1280999714.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom