What's for dinner? Tuesday, 3-31-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
The plan is to have the other beef patty I grilled yesterday, msmofet's string bean salad, half of one of powerplant's pretzel buns, toasted, and maybe a couple of slices of watermelon.

What's on everyone's plate today? :chef:

Royal red shrimp poached in a garlic lemon butter sauce, served over pasta. And yes, if I want too, grated parm over it!:LOL:

I'll be having the leftover chicken thigh I roasted in the oven last night along with the asparagus. Thinking I'll be eating the asparagus cold using the new to me Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette I recently picked up at Trader Joe's. Only two more nights to go of eating alone!

Currently simmering is a beef stew. I dusted some cubed grass fed chuck, browned them in bacon fat, added onions, garlic, bay leaves, diced sweet potatoes and white potatoes and canned green beans. Almost ready to correct the seasonings.

An apple and grated kohlrabi slaw. I was shopping for tomorrow's photo shoot. I never knew that sourcing 6 oz of Dungeness crab would be so frigging exhausting! Everything else was easy, but I must have made 10 phone calls before I found any crab, and that was snow crab.

Stirling made us a salad with chopped, hard boiled eggs added. It was good. It was particularly good because we both had a vegi craving.

Sounds good, Taxy. I love hard cooked eggs in a green salad. How nice of your Stirling to make a nice veggie salad for both of you. :wub:

I just replenished my veggie bins so I'll be having salads daily for the next week. I never get tired of them. :yum:

We had stroganoff. I used some lovely tagliatelle noodles that I found in the Italian market. Mmmmmmmm!

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Hi Alix! Long time no see - I've been thinking about you.

I did a "quick" run to the library less than two miles away. I was gone over 3 hours. :LOL: It was warm (52) and sunny and I did not want to go home. By the time I checked out mailbox posts at Lowes and stopped at Aldi's for a few sale items, Himself was calling me as I was packing the groceries. Lo(we) and behold, he needed me to go to Lowe's to pick up a part for our water heater. Guess I was supposed to be shopping after all!

In order to get a quick dinner on the table, even before he called I had grabbed a tub of pulled pork and a package of Hawaiian-style buns. He made coleslaw while I was on my way home, and I heated a can of baked beans.

We had stroganoff. I used some lovely tagliatelle noodles that I found in the Italian market. Mmmmmmmm!

Sounds great, Alix. Did you see the link from one of my friends on FB for lemon ice cream (made without an ice cream maker)? If not, I can post it on your FB page.

Post it for me please! I didn't see it. Hey CG, I've had some computer woes. I'm now trying to figure out DC on my new iPad. It's not all that easy. I'm getting there though!

Well it's just great to see you here, Alix. Technology is great, isn't it, until it conks out. Then learning something new...oy! I hesitated getting a new laptop until I couldn't take the old, slow one anymore. We got a new laptop with Windows 8.1 on it and...surprise! It has an option that lets you use what looks a lot like the old start-up screen...almost. Did NOT want to deal with all those tiles all over since I don't have a touch-screen on the laptop, just my phone. Have fun learning your tablet. You can get lots of practice here at DC. ;)

The app seems to have most of the functionality I want. It's just a matter of finding everything!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom