Szechwan Chicken Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Szechwan Chicken Meatloaf - TNT

I have not tried this recipe, but I am buying the ingredients when I go shopping this Friday. I will let everyone know how the recipe turns out.

Szechwan Chicken Meatloaf

1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
1/2 teaspoon minced peeled ginger root
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup cooked long-grain rice
1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1-2 tablespoons Szechwan hot & spicy sauce
1 pound ground chicken or turkey

Heat oil in small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions, carrots, celery, ginger root and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Combine green onion mixture, rice, water chestnuts, soy sauce and Szechwan sauce in large bowl; stir well. Crumble chicken over green onion mixture, and stir until just blended. Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Pack mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle sesame seeds over top of loaf. Back at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until meat loaf registers 160 degrees F. Let loaf stand in pan 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan; cut into 12 slices. Serve with Chinese hot mustard and sweet-and-sour sauce, if desired. Yield: 12 servings.

Last edited:
Yeah, it does. It almost makes me think of the filling for dim sum or steamed dumplings...if it was made with pork.

I will have to try this!

Sara

Sierracook, that sounds great. Ground turkey always needs a lot of help as it is so bland. I will be waiting for your rating of this. I always try to keep ground turkey around is it is supposed to be so healthy for us. I even make turkey sausage, your recipe sounds wonderful and I always have the ingredients on hand.

norgeskog said:
Sierracook, that sounds great. Ground turkey always needs a lot of help as it is so bland. I will be waiting for your rating of this. I always try to keep ground turkey around is it is supposed to be so healthy for us. I even make turkey sausage, your recipe sounds wonderful and I always have the ingredients on hand.

I agree about ground turkey. I try to have it or chicken at least 2-3 times a week. Have you posted your turkey sausage recipe? I have always wanted to make sausage.

SierraCook said:
I agree about ground turkey. I try to have it or chicken at least 2-3 times a week. Have you posted your turkey sausage recipe? I have always wanted to make sausage.

yes, it is in the chicken-turkey forum, but it was posted a couple of weeks ago, so do a search and it should be there. One of the greenines could help. If you do not find it, let me know and I will post it. Except for the texture, it tastes like REAL sausage.

I made this recipe for dinner tonight. It was excellent. Here are the changes that I made to the recipe. I like lots of onion, so I used 1 whole bunch of green onions. More garlic the better, I used 3-4 cloves. The Szechwan sauce I used was called Hot and Spicy Szechuan stir-fry and marinade from San-J.

I served the meatloaf with hot mustard and Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce. I thought the hot mustard overpowered the flavors of the meatloaf. The sweet chili sauce was good, but I think I prefer the meatloaf without condiments. All the flavors of the meatloaf are good on their own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom