Dinner? Thursday April 2nd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm making a chicken dish (a modification of one of Lidia's recipes) with pickled peppers, Kalamata olives, shallots and wine to be served over white rice.

What re you making/eating

I'd love it if you'd work up a recipe for that Andy? It sounds wonderful.

I'm doing yet another welcome home dinner for Steve tonight. With two trips across the country within a week, he certainly deserves it. This menu is always a comfort to us when we return home.
Oven roasted beer butt chicken, oven roasted asparagus and loaded baked potatoes.
I'm not attempting another cake like last week. We ate the good stuff off the top of the dry pineapple upside down cake and pitched the rest. Just one more example of why I don't bake.:blink:

I bought a reduced organic chicken so roasted that with some potatoes and had it with cauliflower.

I went against my better judgement and cooked the chicken as instructed, i.e. at Mk 6/400 F - quite hot! Usually I do it for Mk 4/350 F or Mk 5/375 F. I did check
it about 15 mins before it was supposed to be cooked for the required time and found it too be well done. Thinking about it, I wonder if the food manufacturers erred on the side of caution, i.e. covered their tracks by suggesting a high heat in order to avoid undercooking?

I'd love it if you'd work up a recipe for that Andy? It sounds wonderful.

I'm doing yet another welcome home dinner for Steve tonight. With two trips across the country within a week, he certainly deserves it. This menu is always a comfort to us when we return home.
Oven roasted beer butt chicken, oven roasted asparagus and loaded baked potatoes.
I'm not attempting another cake like last week. We ate the good stuff off the top of the dry pineapple upside down cake and pitched the rest. Just one more example of why I don't bake.:blink:

No need to bake!

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Sundaes | Midwest Living

I had breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs and chives, fried potatoes, and watermelon. It really hit the spot. :yum:

Still crunchy. Travel really takes it out of both DH and me. He went back to bed, and I spelunked and defrosted some chicken noodle soup. It tasted good with crackers.

Still crunchy. Travel really takes it out of both DH and me. He went back to bed, and I spelunked and defrosted some chicken noodle soup. It tasted good with crackers.

Is there much of a time change for you Dawg? Three hours across country is bad enough but when we went to Russia with an eleven hour time change it nearly killed us both. We couldn't even reset our natural internal time clocks because we never saw the sun for two solid weeks. Never ever again.

Is there much of a time change for you Dawg? Three hours across country is bad enough but when we went to Russia with an eleven hour time change it nearly killed us both. We couldn't even reset our natural internal time clocks because we never saw the sun for two solid weeks. Never ever again.

Not much time change, Kayelle. The whole trip usually takes around 7 to 9 hours with airport stops. Part of it may have been the flight delay in Atlanta, we didn't get home till around 2 am. I'm still stumbling around, and all DH has done is sleep, which is probably a good thing.

Last edited:
Another busy day, so another cheater dinner. I used my back-up bag of Aldi's Bremer garlic chicken and pasta. Added another chicken breast, another carrot, and another crown of broccoli cut-up. Hit the spot!

I had breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs and chives, fried potatoes, and watermelon. It really hit the spot. :yum:

Breakfast here too. Made a hash with the pastrami I did a couple weeks ago, fried eggs on top and watermelon as a side.:yum:

Back
Top Bottom