What's Cooking? Sunday, April 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Having survived my shopping spree on Friday, I'm starting several dishes in order to get them in smaller containers and hopefuly create a little room in my fridge and freezer.

So far I've got a cheeseburger/broccole casserole started, as well as a pot of chili and some more of Kathleen's onion soup.

I'm splitting the broccole between the casserole and broccole soup. Broccoli takes up much less room after it's cooked!

Since I'm grating some sharp cheddar for the casserole, I'll also grate some more for a container of pimento cheese.

Whatcha cooking today?

What a busy day you have going there, Z! Hope you have a beer chillin' as a reward for when you are done. ;)

With some celebrating Easter today (Happy Hoppy, everyone!) I sure hope no one is planning Hasenpferrer. :ermm: :ohmy: I can assure you that Bugs is safe at our house. No real dinner tonight. Instead, it was a nice brunch of overnight, baked French toast (I used a braided cinnamon Brioche from Aldi's) and ham steak. Fruit salad of mango, tangerine, and red grapes. Tonight, we'll snack on cheese, more fruit, maybe crudites with the last of the hoomus. Snacking looks pretty iffy right now. :pig:

Ham, kielbasa, cauliflower gratin, green beans, cabbage salad, pickles and olives.

Dessert was a couple of low carb peanut butter, chocolate chip cookies with walnuts.

Supper will be a couple more cookies and a glass of skim milk! :yum:

No more cooking until the middle of the week, just heat and eat! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Marinated steak kebabs, sesame noodles and tossed salad. Bunny cake, cookies and ice cream for dessert.

We're still dragging around, so we split an overpriced take-out salad bar priced by weight from a local grocer.

When I add it up, though, given all the many and varied ingredients, it probably would have cost a lot more to buy each ingredient separately. Hit the spot.

I used up some leftover roast organic chicken - adding cubes of it into a sauce of cauliflower, onion and pesto to mix into gnocci.

Plenty of cold beer, CG.:ROFLMAO:

I got everything done but the pimento cheese and I can do that in a snap tomorrow morning.

Everything is put away except for the broccoli soup and the onion soup. I have to wait until they are cool enough so that they won't get my beer warmed!

I do seem to have room to juggle my fridge around.

It was a fun day and I'm feeling proud of myself for getting so much done.

Ham, kielbasa, cauliflower gratin, green beans, cabbage salad, pickles and olives.

Dessert was a couple of low carb peanut butter, chocolate chip cookies with walnuts.

Supper will be a couple more cookies and a glass of skim milk! :yum:

No more cooking until the middle of the week, just heat and eat! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Sounds like you've been busy cooking today too, AB.

Cod fish, asparagus w/ ham. Potato salad & cream puffs.

img_1416608_0_1a167b73ea8069c7cea32514eb1637cb.jpg

img_1416608_1_732f68875b6273261e24b8554a509650.jpg

We had a wonderful Brunch with my son and his family.

Joey made delectable crab cakes Benedict and I brought my Nesco Roaster with cheese, peppers, green onion hash browns, also a layered pretzel crust/cream cheese/pineapple strawberry jello dish, and squares of cheese/asparagus Frittata. Everything was far better than any crowded restaurant Easter brunch anywhere!!

IF we are hungry tonight, I'll bake some of the potato dish I saved before leaving home, and put some sausage patties on top. I just discovered Jimmy Dean has a new "Bacon Lovers" sausage. Now I ask you, what could be better than that?:pig::rolleyes:

Nothing. We went out to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. Just didn't feel like cooking.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

As Dawg put it, we're dragging around here too. We're scrounging. There's plenty of delicious Chinese food left from yesterday and there's cold cuts and cheese for sandwiches.

Joey....looks so good, as always! I want one of those strawberry cream puffs. :yum:

Kay, glad you had a nice brunch with son and family. I also set aside some of the scalloped potato dish I made before taking it to my daughter's. :D You never know if there will be leftovers to take home so you have to grab some beforehand. :LOL:

My daughter Tupperware'd up a bunch from yesterday's dinner for me, so I've been pretty much nibbling on that all day. :)

Bleah. I was working late but hubby was off and he threw a pizza into the oven and fixed us a salad. Basic stuff, but I'm so grateful when he helps me out! I think I'll keep him.

The warranty's over on him anyway so I try not to overwork him.

Bleah. I was working late but hubby was off and he threw a pizza into the oven and fixed us a salad. Basic stuff, but I'm so grateful when he helps me out! I think I'll keep him.

The warranty's over on him anyway so I try not to overwork him.
:wub:
That's how I feel about mine too.

Back
Top Bottom