This was fun - apple rose tartlet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
I found this video yesterday and thought I'd try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rGrwvEjZIQ

Wonderful and easy.

I used frozen puff pastry and substituted cinnamon sugar for the jam to simply. I also added slivered almonds to the roll.

An assembly note - if you use cinnamon sugar you can substantially simply the assembly. Slice the sheet in 6, sprinkle sugar on the entire sheet and layer apples on first slice. Roll and repeat.

Don't skip the par cooking of the apple slices - it makes them flexible enough to roll.

They are the in vogue nowadays here in Italy! Probably looking for the recipe will lead you only to Italian results :LOL: They're everywhere, here in my country!

Yes, tasty and nice-looking. Did you serve them naked, or add a dollop of ice cream or a spurt of whipping cream?

I actually served them with a breakfast buffet thing... They are flaky and crisp - imo the addition of ice cream or whip would detract from this. :chef:

so anxious to make at home
o.png

DIL posted the same on facebook. I'm thinking of trying the technique with everything from apples, to pears, to tomatoes, to red potatoes. For the spud roses, I would dip them in Kosher salt. As my last name is Flowers, I think having a themed dinner made up of different types of food flowers, including edible real flowers, would be a hoot. Now, if I can only find a way to make mushroom based flowers.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

DIL posted the same on facebook. I'm thinking of trying the technique with everything from apples, to pears, to tomatoes, to red potatoes. For the spud roses, I would dip them in Kosher salt. As my last name is Flowers, I think having a themed dinner made up of different types of food flowers, including edible real flowers, would be a hoot. Now, if I can only find a way to make mushroom based flowers.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Don't forget squash blossoms. And for the mushroom flowers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHv0wiFFgRw

Back
Top Bottom