Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Daffers and welcome to this cookery forum!
icon_cheers.png

Nice to be here

:LOL:Thanks for the welcome all

The Chocolate idea is always great, its very addictive !

Hi Daffers, welcome to DC I hope to see more of you here and share recipes. So what do you like to cook? Let us know.

Daffers, an interesting moniker. Welcome to DC. I gave a recipe to one of our new members, and so I give you one as well, and it's absolutely delicious. Hope you like to bake.

This sounds like a weird cake, but I assure you, it's one of the best chocolate cakes you will ever eat.

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Ingredients:

3 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ cup sugar
2 ¼ tsp. Baking powder
2 ¼ tsp. Baking soda
6 tbs. Cocoa powder
1 ½ cup water
1 ½ cup mayonnaise
3 tsp. Vanilla

Mix all dry ingredients together and stir with a wire whisk. Add the remaining ingredients and beat with mixer on high for two minutes. Pour into lightly greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350’ F. for about 45 minutes. Cake is done when knife inserted comes out clean.

German Chocolate Frosting

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup evaporated milk
½ cup unsalted butter
1 1/3 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

Combine sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, milk, and butter in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until gently boiling. Stir frequently to avoid burning or sticking. Cook for about 20 minutes. Thoroughly stir in the coconut and pecans. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Spread over cake.

Another great frosting is not homemade at all. Take one can of your favorite store-bought chocolate frosting. Add an equal amount of Nutella and mix together. Use it to frost your cake. It'a an incredible combination of flavors that perfectly compliments this cake.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Hi everyone - its been one of those busy days so only just managed to log in - its now 8.30pm, hubby not yet home and not yet started dinner !!!!

Looking forward to trying out the Chocolate Mayonnaise cake, but not tonight - WOW its sounds great, will try it out on my next visitors.

I love to cook all kinds of things but in our household we love spicy things, especially with garlic, chilli and of course a nice glass of red wine....Think tonight its going to be something quick like a stir fry.

Daffers posing as Head Chef

Howdy and Welcome Daffers. :flowers:

Enjoy yourself here. :bounce:

And be sure to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. ;) (This means me.)

Ooops hubby just home so back to the kitchen for me ....

Do you have shoes? And are you expecting? :whistling

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom