The Thrill is Gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just now hearing about this and I am saddened by the news.. he was the one responsible for introducing me to R&B.

Good for BB, lasting until 89, and being a diabetic. Still sad. RIP.

Has anyone noticed that BB King doesn't sing and play at the same time? I would never have noticed if he hadn't mentioned it in an interview. He stops playing when he sings and vice versa.

Has anyone noticed that BB King doesn't sing and play at the same time? I would never have noticed if he hadn't mentioned it in an interview. He stops playing when he sings and vice versa.

I've noticed other blues artists do that too, I think it accentuates the song. If you get the chance, listen to the following songs and you may see why: Groaning the Blues by Eric Clapton, and The sky is crying by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Blues music is like that.

Little known fact: Both B.B. King and Justin Hayward (Moody Blues) both have a signature Gibson ES-335.

I have one! I bought this one at an estate sale. It's a 1969 in perfect shape and I love it. I've had it for 29 years and wow, what a guitar! I actually met the Moody Blues in 1994 and Justin Hayward and John Lodge (bass player, Moody Blues) both said they were big fans of B.B. King.

RIP. His last name stands up to his influence in music to this day. I admired him immensely.

I've noticed other blues artists do that too, I think it accentuates the song. If you get the chance, listen to the following songs and you may see why: Groaning the Blues by Eric Clapton, and The sky is crying by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I'm confused ardchoille. In another thread you said "I watched the video, though I'm deaf and couldn't understand what was being said." Glad you at least have the memory of music.

I hope I make it that long. :)

The king is dead. Long live the king. Who ever that may be?

Only time will tell but this king influenced music more them most will ever realize.

Not to be morbid but I wonder what will happen to Lucille?

She deserves to be played by someone who respects her or retired to a place where the public can view her.

I'd really hate to see her stuck away in some "private" collection.

The lady entertained many and deserves the same respect as the king.

They did it together.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom