Dinner Monday, 6-8-2015 ~ Funday Monday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It wasn't much fun earlier today, when a water main broke and we were left high and dry. But wait, does that mean we have a real reason to go out and eat? :huh: Then the water came back on less than four hours later. Dining at home tonight.

I have three kinds of leftovers: burger with grilled onions, beef fajita with fixings, or yesterday's garlic-lime grilled pork. All I have to do is make a big salad (now that I can wash the veggies) and spread out the buffet.

What dinner delights will you be enjoying today?

LOL we posted at about the same time, CG!

Eggplant casserole!

I found the recipe here: Cheesy Eggplant Casserole Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I add a little bit of Montreal steak seasoning and just a little fresh basil to the eggplant slices and a little bit of Worcestireshire sauce mixed in with the cheese on top. Yum!

We'll be having a garden salad and fresh steamed green beans with it.

We have a veritable plethora of leftovers. Why do I always make enough food for a third world country?

Haven't been home long enough to have any leftovers. Am baking a meatloaf but that will be for DH's lunch box this week. Will fix a repeat of a few days ago, mixed stir fried veggies with a chicken teriyaki sauce.

I was gifted a wonderful piece of meat by my boss. It is a Certified
Angus Prim Rib roast. It will only be gf and I tonight so I cut a few steaks off of it for the freezer and have a 4 lb roast in the oven as we speak....I am in the mood for some garlic mash and some kind of vegetable, covered in butter, naturally....

Grilled matured sirloin steak (a treat), steamed cauliflower and a kind of sauteed potato (thinly sliced and turned in a pan - with oil and butter - lid on, till crisp and soft).

Had stuffed cannelloni with marinara sauce.
Had some ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan I had planned to use
to make ravioli...at the last minute I got lazy and went with the cannelloni.
Left over pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

I just put together this baked beans recipe from Trisha Yearwood: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/easy-baked-beans.html It tastes amazing right now - will be even better once it bakes and the sugars caramelize :yum:

I'm also going to chop up some more of the smoked pork we made yesterday and simmer it in barbecue sauce. DH will have more cole slaw and I'll have carrot sticks with ranch dressing.

The freezer in the basement has offered up a container of tomato sauce with meatballs and sausage. In honor of that offering, I will cook up some spaghetti to our desired degree of doneness and sup with gusto as I alternately sip from a goblet of fine red wine. The gods have been kind.

I have a meatloaf in the oven, looking forward more for cold sammies this week, and a couple extra potatoes baking alongside. I was thinking fried 'taters later this week too, but now I'm thinking potato salad might be better. Kinda like this planning ahead stuff. Makes life easier.

And I bought some deli bean salad which I promptly redressed with a less sweet vinaigrette.

Hot here today, so I had a big salad with all kinds of nice cool crunchies. Radishes, cucumbers, celery, carrots, mushrooms, red onion, red cabbage, and hard cooked egg on a bed of spinach and romaine. Marie's ranch dressing and croutons to top. :yum:

I was gifted a wonderful piece of meat by my boss. It is a Certified
Angus Prim Rib roast. It will only be gf and I tonight so I cut a few steaks off of it for the freezer and have a 4 lb roast in the oven as we speak....I am in the mood for some garlic mash and some kind of vegetable, covered in butter, naturally....

What a nice gift! Sounds wonderful. :yum:

Stirling was going to go to a role playing game and I was going to scrounge. The game got cancelled and we didn't have anything planned or defrosted, so we ordered out. I got a "2 stick souvlaki platter" and Stirling got two "giro pita". It was good. We shared a mango for dessert.

I had my little guy over for an unexpected sleepover (was supposed to be Tuesday night) as his Mom had some meetings and instead of picking him up, taking him home, picking him up tomorrow, we just decided to switch it. He was sure not complaining except he wants his one tomorrow too! LOL

So, dinner was a buffet of sorts - Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, leftover chicken, burritos, and deli salads (coleslaw, greek and mac & spinach). Plus carrot sticks and tomatoes.

Nice warm weather food and at least the first two items were kid friendly! :)

That was our noon meal because of TB's work schedule. The youngin' and I had McDonald's later in the day.

Moussaka using some Greek Mizithra we found at Whole Paycheck with tzatziki and some extra tomato sauce leftover from making the moussaka. Even better, it was a big batch so made 2 small dishes and 1 is in freezer for use later.

We went out for pizza last night at DeSano Pizza & Bakery and watched part of the women's World Cup Soccer on the big screen.
They have 4 Neapolitan wood fired ovens going and you can watch your pies bake. Awesome joint. Good pizza and beer.

Here's a pic of me, my grand daughters, and the 3 big pies we shared...:)))

Attachments

• Pizza.jpg
    Pizza.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Love the pic you shared, roadfix. Your granddaughters are cuties. :wub: The pizzas look mighty good, too!

Back
Top Bottom