Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwtch

Assistant Cook
Hi,

Here to introduce myself. I'm an enthusiastic U.K. based cook.

Just found this site, and joined. Happy to be amongst other food obsessed people.

:)

Welcome to DC. Just to let you know, my favorite folk song is "All Through The Night." I have a recording of it that plays it over and over for about 30 minutes. And then I play it again. I sang it to all my babies whenever they got fussy and wouldn't settle down.

DC is a fun place to be. Lots of laughter, story telling, sharing recipes and other good stuff. We have a lot of members here from the UK. It is always a delight to welcome one more. So pull up a chair, pour yourself a cuppa and join in the fun. :angel:

Thanks everyone.

Addie- that is the most subtle way anyone has ever recognised my nationality. It's a beautiful song, incidentally the choir sung it at my daughters christening :)

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Thanks everyone.

Addie- that is the most subtle way anyone has ever recognised my nationality. It's a beautiful song, incidentally the choir sung it at my daughters christening :)

We had two brothers from Wales as members. Harry is the one that turned me on to You Tube for listening to the choirs of Wales sing my favorite song. I learned that song in the third grade and have never forgotten it. I have always wanted to go to Wales in the springtime when all the choirs are practicing for the competitions. When any of my five kids were babies and being very fussy, I would sit in my rocker and sing that song to them very softly. It always calmed them down. My first husband was from the Lakes District in northern England. The first time he heard me singing it he recognized it immediately and wanted to know how come I knew it so well. My sister and I used to sing it while doing the dishes. She always did the harmony. :angel:

If ever you do come to wales ( whilst spring is beautiful) there's not a choir in the land that wouldn't be
a. Practicing all year round and b. take the opportunity to show off to a tourist. We had an Englishman in the local last week so the choir took this a perfect excuse to run a round or two of canon lan for him.
Can't have a visitor not having a bit of a show can we?!

Hi Addie!!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!! I really appreciate it. Y'all are really nice people!-Rashmi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Addie!!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!! I really appreciate it. Y'all are really nice people!-Rashmi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do try to be nice. And we do it all while having fun. We all have a sense of humor that knows no bounds. I can't think of one member that doesn't love animals. Their own or even wild.

I saw a piece on the TV of a holiday where a town in your country is taken over and the people bring in all kinds of birds that are ill or wounded to be treated. What a lovely and caring thing to do. The holiday lasts for a month.

Stick around and put your feet up and have a few laughs with us. In the meantime you can talk food with us. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom