The Fat Is BACK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once again, I'm ahead of the curve. Blazing trails and charting uncharted territory. A pioneer in the food pyramid arena.

If you wait long enough...

Well, yeah, the science is there.

From the article:
"I think the government and scientists may be afraid to embrace the new science," Mozaffarian said. "Consumers, ironically, get this message and are moving toward a low carb diet, so I think they would pretty quickly embrace it."[the emphasis is mine]

No big surprise here.

I started eating a low carb high fat diet in October of last year to combat diabetes, and have had blood tests done every 3 months just to verify that things are moving in the right direction.

In 8 months, my total cholesterol has dropped 15 points. At the same time, my HDL (the beneficial, protective kind) has almost doubled, while triglycerides (very bad) have fallen from 330 to 91. My fasting blood glucose was 288 on 10/6/14 (it should be less than 100 for non-diabetics). Last week it was 71, which is about the same as your average 20-something. My blood pressure was once 160/94. This morning it was 112/72. In short, everything is vastly improved, and I've lost almost 80 pounds to boot.

Someone recently asked me if I worried about all this fat "clogging my arteries." Not at all. If anything, it appears to have had the opposite effect.

Well, with the move and living in a motel, things have got a bit out of whack. I hope to get back on track as soon as we move into the house (July 15th).

Back
Top Bottom