What's cooking? July 9, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Almost 4PM Central Time and no one has started tonight's dinner thread!

I'm making a casserole of diced ham, fresh broccoli and cheddar cheese sauce.

What have you got cooking?

That sounds like something I like to make, Z. Mine also has rice.

We'll be enjoying another fine selection from the buffet table. i.e.: leftovers. Maybe I'll make a salad, but right now I'm favoring just whirring up a "dessert" smoothie with strawberry, blueberry, and maybe cherries instead.

Pork roast in the oven here. And since I didn't get it together to harvest/wash lettuce, onions, peas, celery and the first tiny baby bell pepper from the garden, the frig yields the last of the asparagus.

Thin sliced rare tri tip, potato salad, and....hmmm, not sure of the veggie yet. I have a couple of zucchinis from the farmers market that need to be used so maybe I'll do something with one of them.

I have chicken thighs marinating in red wine vinaigrette and Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle; DH will grill those, along with a garden zucchini that I will also slice and marinate. I'll make a caprese salad with garden tomatoes and basil to go with those.

Chicken thighs

Kayelle is making her world famous chicken thighs, and we defrosted a pack of her famous dressing left over from Thanksgiving.
We made so much I had to go to KMart and buy a 10 gallon container to mix it.

Kayelle is making her world famous chicken thighs, and we defrosted a pack of her famous dressing left over from Thanksgiving.
We made so much I had to go to KMart and buy a 10 gallon container to mix it.

I love stuffing, too. I mix it in my stock pot after sautéing the veggies.

I have four seasoned and floured skillet browned chicken thighs in the oven, each sitting on mound of dressing, frozen from Christmas. SC goes ape over my dressing. I really should make it more often, but then it wouldn't be a treat for us. Maybe I should make a little pan gravy.
Glorified green salads will complete the menu.

Good grief, the Sous Chef beat me to posting.:LOL: Any wonder why he makes cooking fun?

Last edited:
I finally got to Costco. Since I knew I would be too pooped to cook, I had some dipping sauces ready for the chicken. There was ranch style dressing and blue cheese dressing for the crudités. Thanks to the people who contributed ideas to this thread: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/jazzing-up-rotisserie-chicken-89060.html#post1346055

It was yummy. Stirling was pleased that it wasn't just plain old rotisserie chicken. I also had some leftover Dragon Lady sesame noodles. Gotta tweak that recipe.

Attachments

• IMG_20150709_192238.jpg
    IMG_20150709_192238.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 160
I have four seasoned and floured skillet browned chicken thighs in the oven, each sitting on mound of dressing, frozen from Christmas. SC goes ape over my dressing. I really should make it more often, but then it wouldn't be a treat for us. Maybe I should make a little pan gravy.
Glorified green salads will complete the menu.

Good grief, the Sous Chef beat me to posting.:LOL: Any wonder why he makes cooking fun?

I'm convinced that the convection oven setting on our new stove made all the difference with those delectable crispy thighs.

img_1428542_0_27db261a5b244adcb16df8797d7f77ed.jpg

Great pics, Taxy and Kay. :yum: Taxy, thanks for the reminder of the rotisserie chicken thread! I'm going to go there now for some ideas. :)

Kay, I always forget about bread dressing during the year, until around November. :LOL: I'll have to remember to make a batch and freeze it so I'll get to have some now and then throughout the year. Like you say, not very often, or it wouldn't be a treat.

I love the convection settings on my oven - next best thing to grilling. :)

It cooled off a bit here and is rainy. Made a pot of vegetable barley soup.

taxlady, that spread looks great.

:yum: guys! Went to an art exhibit and auction a couple blocks down from our condo, they had all kinds of stuff out. Had a piece of pizza and a little egg salad sandwich, along with a lovely cucumber melon drink.

Back
Top Bottom