Dinner, Today, July 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Probably doing a chef's salad to use up the veggies on hand...something DH can handle by himself when he gets home from work. I have an unexpected meeting at our dinner time, am on a committee to monitor new house construction at our development.

I'm defrosting a rather large BS chicken breast for a stir-fry tonight. I'll incorporate the usual suspects, mushrooms, red pepper, pea pods, scallions.

I think I'll go easy and old-school today. One of my favorites my Mom made when I was growing up: a frying pan full of potato chunks, hot dog pieces, and sauteed onions. In order to get over the guilt of no fresh veggies, I might put together a small plate of crudites to munch with hummus or some of the thick Litehouse dressings we have in the fridge (Caesar for me, Bleu cheese for Himself).

A BigMac/ClubBurger sort of thing minus the bun and a large glass of iced tea.

Maybe a low carb tin roof sundae when the sun goes down.

We had one of our favorite "go to" dinners for the summer. A big assortment of veggies marinated in an Italian vinaigrette and then thrown into a screaming hot grill basket and tossed until charred and crisp tender. Tonight we had grilled Bockwurst links for the protein, and the starch was oven roasted Tater Tots, because we like them. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom