7/18/15 Saturday Night's Alright for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Steak! We have a little New York strip that I'll pan fry (too hot out to grill), along with a surprisingly tasty Arkansas tomato, pepper, and green onion salad. Or whatever else I can find for a salad.

What's on your plate tonight?

Last edited:
I'll probably just nibble this evening. I stuffed myself with pizza, watermelon, chips and dips, and cake at Tyler's birthday party today.

The SousChef came home from the grocery today with a load of chicken wings, plus another whole frozen duck.

I'll do some wings on the barby today, and cook the duck in a couple of days. I think I'll do some rice pilaf to go with the wings along with a salad.

Cheryl, I'm glad you had fun with little Tyler today.. Was he concerned about grandma's owie?

The SousChef came home from the grocery today with a load of chicken wings, plus another whole frozen duck.

I'll do some wings on the barby today, and cook the duck in a couple of days. I think I'll do some rice pilaf to go with the wings along with a salad.

Cheryl, I'm glad you had fun with little Tyler today.. Was he concerned about grandma's owie?

Thanks, K and Dawg. Tyler is over it - it's SO yesterday's news. :LOL: He came over on Wednesday while I was cleaning and redressing the wound site, watched for a couple of minutes, got bored with it all, and turned on Curious George. :LOL:

Duck sounds awesome, I haven't had it in years. :yum:

The heavens have opened up here! Fortunately, the BBQ is under cover.

The steak was probably one of the best I've had (she says modestly). It was only about 3/4 inch thick, so no oven needed, s and p, just a screaming hot cast iron pan. Vent fan was absolutely needed.

Of course the whole house filled with smoke, but luckily it's cooled off enough that we could finally open the windows.

So glad the Heavens open up for Sous Chef and Kayelle. CJ glad you are on the mend too.

Dx wanted chicken and all I had was BS/SkL in the freezer. they thaw pretty rapidly and grill reasonably quick too. Brushed with bottled Bbq sauce. That and some grilled corn cobs and an arugula salad w/ baby tomatoes and the last of this batch of blue cheese dressing. Left the beans salad in the frig for today. < I think that stuff is expanding on itself, tho the Tupperware is not bulging.

Last edited:
Cheryl, glad you have fun with the fam. Best. Day. Ever.

Grocery shopped today, and no leftovers in the refrigerator! :ohmy: Came home beat, but still managed to make supper. We had Croque Monsieur along with the last of the coleslaw (guess there was A leftover) and a pickle from Batch Two. Getting closer to Dad's pickle. Hope I nail it before Himself gets tired of "pickle".

...the heavens opened complete with thunder and a light show. I felt like breaking into song........."grilling in the rain."...
That is good news, rain! If you had sung, do you have a lamppost to swing around on while you sing?

:LOL: Trust me, when we get rain here in CA, we feel like swinging around a lamppost and breaking into song! :ROFLMAO:

Everyone's dinners sound so good this evening. I'm really getting inspired and looking forward to a big trip to the grocery store. :yum:

Tonight's supper was edible. It was a learning experience. I was going to make stuffed pork chops on the grill. The weather cooperated, but we were out of propane. We got a new 20 lb tank less than a month ago and have probably grilled 4 or 5 times. There must be a leak. Anyhoo, I cooked them in the kitchen. Recipes said 45-60 minutes in the oven after browning. I checked them after 20 minutes and they were at 180°F. They were dry. I will check sooner next time. I made this salad: Spicy Cucumber Salad. I guess you don't need to salt and drain English cukes. It was so salty that we couldn't tell if we would have liked it. The baby potatoes and Mateus were delicious.

Saturday Night's Alright for...

:LOL: Trust me, when we get rain here in CA, we feel like swinging around a lamppost and breaking into song! :ROFLMAO:

Everyone's dinners sound so good this evening. I'm really getting inspired and looking forward to a big trip to the grocery store. :yum:

No lamppost swinging for you tonight, Cheryl, we don't want you breaking your stitches. Next week you may swing.

Last edited:
Tonight's supper was edible. It was a learning experience. I was going to make stuffed pork chops on the grill. The weather cooperated, but we were out of propane. We got a new 20 lb tank less than a month ago and have probably grilled 4 or 5 times. There must be a leak. Anyhoo, I cooked them in the kitchen. Recipes said 45-60 minutes in the oven after browning. I checked them after 20 minutes and they were at 180°F. They were dry. I will check sooner next time. I made this salad: Spicy Cucumber Salad. I guess you don't need to salt and drain English cukes. It was so salty that we couldn't tell if we would have liked it. The baby potatoes and Mateus were delicious.

Drat, Taxy. I always rinse my cukes as I too find them too salty for salads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom