Appetizing Tuesday 7/21/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're still entertaining our grandson so tonight's dinner will be pizza that someone else is making for us (for a price).

Just picked the first ears of corn and a bunch of cherry tomatoes. That and some leftover chicken are all she wrote here. I spent four hours developing recipes on paper today, including one for peonies using French turnips and parsnips.

I am probably the only person I know who has peonies 365 days/year, I have a beautiful old still life print of peonies in various pinks, rose and multi shades hanging over the sofa in my living room. So there's that.

Regrettably the one time I made pirogies they were a disaster. So there's that too.

Tonight is date night. Puttin' on the ritz, wearing a hawaiian shirt. Senior citizen night ($2 tickets) at the neighborhood movie palace. We are seeing Far from the Madding Crowd. Preceded by burgers at a neighborhood burger barn. Jucy Lucies.

Last edited:
Leftover fried rice. DH brought home some fresh corn from work from someone's garden, delicious!

Last edited:
Hot, hot, hot, hot here. And...humid. Air you can wear.

We had browned pork chops simmered in a lemon-tomato sauce, buttered noodles, steamed spinach, and iced tea. Too hot to eat much more, so no dessert. We'll be relieved when this heat subsides.

Date night at Casa Grecque. Stirling had the souvlaki plate and I had langoustines (scampi, not shrimp-scampi). It was delicious. I had baklava for dessert and Stirling had a slice of strawberry layer cake.

CWS, YOU may not love autocorrect, but I absolutely enjoyed your posts - but not your problem. Thanks for the giggles.

We got Chinese takeout.
And we had Chinese dine-in! We ran errands all afternoon and into the evening. By the time we were leaving our last stop we had serious cases of the grumbellies. Since we've had on-and-off tastes for Chinese lately, we headed to our favorite spot. 'Twas an off night. :( Combo platters around. Himself has his egg roll and fried rice with General Gau's Chicken. I had mine with Cashew Chicken. I still have a taste for good Chinese.

Aw, that's a bummer, CG Ours was good. I had orange chicken with pork fried rice and my mom, in town for the night, had beef with broccoli and white rice. DH had leftovers from the night before.

I was going to do something impressive with all the leftover roast duck and searched for ideas. Instead, we just ate it cave man style and enjoyed ever last shred of that quacker. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom