Dinner 8-4-2015 ~ Taco(less) Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner tonight was supposed to be "something else". However, the weather is unsettled and we might or might not have rain. This means we might or might not be able to grill. "Something else" will have to wait until tomorrow.

Instead, I'm making a sausage and veggie frittata. Toasting some bread, too. Easy-peasy supper. Not in the mood to cook, but always in the mood to eat. ;)

Now, your turn. What's your plan?

Still hot and humid in CNY, thunderstorms tonight ahead of a cold front, then cooler for the next week or so.

Sausage patty and a salad washed down with lots of iced tea.

The cherry tomato gods have been good to me. I have an envelope of Mrs. Wages Classic Salsa mix, which I've never tried, along with some seasoned taco meat somewhere in the depths of the freezer. A leftover partial salad from lunch that I ate the good stuff out of, so it's basically just lettuce, and a handful or two of Tostitos, et voila, Taco Tuesday!

Last edited:
Gringo tacos. That's what I call mine. Ground beef. Not bad, for gringo tacos. Grated cheese, sliced up lettuce, chopped tomatoes, Ortega hot picante sauce of course.

Last edited:
I have half a previously cooked meatloaf reheating in the oven while a pot of pilaf is cooking on the stove. Now to go make a salad.

Dinner is ready, just waiting for neighbors to arrive. I fixed a low carb lasagna (sliced zucchini in place of pasta, and a medley of our new potatoes, farmers market green beans and our onions.

No tacos here today. Instead, we enjoyed the bounty of our garden. We had sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, leftover buttered baby beets (the last of them), along with grilled Cajun sausage and iced tea. Yum! Good eats!!!

Grilled rib-eye, tomato salad, white grapes....

img_1431354_0_5c6ef663f468f2cec85d1de537655a27.jpg

We had BLTs with a homegrown tomato. Yummy :yum: I'm eating the rest of the tomato sprinkled with Penzey's Frozen Pizza Seasoning, salt and red wine vinegar.

Last edited:
Homemade chorizo sausage pick-ups (cooked chorizo, drained, covered with cheese, broiled to melt, then used pieces of tortilla to "pick-up" the sausage/cheese), and a salad/relish/salsa of red onion, corn, red bell, black beans, avocado with crumbles of cotija cheese dressed with a lime vinaigrette. The salad was the main part of the meal for me, told Craig I would have been happy with just that. It was really good. My idea, but he executed beautifully.

Back
Top Bottom