Wed. Aug 19th anyone eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I've got a meatloaf in the oven and will make some macaroni and cheese and salads to go with it. What's cooking at your place?

Wild caught salmon, southwestern style, in the oven and tomato, mozz cheese, avocado, o&v, s&p salad in the frig.

I was just going to start this thread.

Last edited:
Probably some of the tomato soup from yesterday and a salad.

I'm doing partly fried thighs, and finishing in the convection roast oven over mounds of the last of the Thanksgiving frozen dressing. My good ole green standby dish will be steamed and buttered broccolini. This is a picture of the last time I did it.

img_1433202_0_27db261a5b244adcb16df8797d7f77ed.jpg

Last edited:
The rest of the grilled chicken and a souffle-casserole of asparagus, potato, onion, garlic, parm, eggs, cream.

I made a rich beef based sauce to go with pasta. I cubed up cooked beef silverside and simmered it further (to soften it) in beef stock, chillies, tomato puree, leeks and courgettes. Mixed it into pennoni regate pasta (like a larger version of penne).

Well, I *was* going to make braised chicken thighs with spiced-up cream of chicken soup and julienned veggies over rice, but when I took the chicken out of the fridge, there was an ... odor.

So they went in the garbage and I'm baking some Mexican-inspired stuffed bell peppers from the freezer and quickie Mexican rice (cooked in chicken broth with a half cup of jarred salsa replacing some of the liquid).

Kay, that looks delicious! I love bread stuffing and really need to remember that it isn't just for holiday meals. :yum: I think I'll make up a batch and vacuum seal in packets. Yum.

I had tacos again this evening. They were so good last night, I couldn't resist having a couple more. :yum:

Too hot to çook. But I have been running a chilled soup in my mind for a couple of days that would be a marriage of salsa Verde with buttermilk. Darn if it wasn't refreshing and tasted just like I thought it would. Now what to do with the rest of the roasted tomatillos...

Himself grilled seasoned chicken breasts while I cooked veggies that were intended for dinner a few days ago but ended up getting passed by. We had seared green beans with toasted sesame seeds, steamed broccolini, last of the collard green sauteed in bacon, plus a new "salad" as our starch. I saw this recipe for Farro, Cherry and Walnut Salad in a recent copy of Cooking Light, it looked good, so I made it. Next time I'll make it to go with pork, and maybe skip the celery and add more cherries.

Kay, that looks delicious! I love bread stuffing and really need to remember that it isn't just for holiday meals. :yum: I think I'll make up a batch and vacuum seal in packets. Yum.

I had tacos again this evening. They were so good last night, I couldn't resist having a couple more. :yum:

Thanks Cheryl, I need to do the same and make more glorified stuffing to freeze. Partly cooked thighs laid on top of mounds of dressing to finish in the oven is soo good, as the juices of the partly cooked thighs sinks into the dressing, almost as good as a stuffed bird.:yum:

Last edited:
Nothing was cooking here today. We had smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, sliced red onion, and capers.

Back
Top Bottom