Tajin - Mexican seasoning with chile powder, lime and salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
One of our DC California friends - either Cheryl or Kayelle, I think - has mentioned this seasoning several times. I saw it at Kroger today and bought it.

Rut roh! I'm in trouble now! :LOL: This is sooooo gooood! :yum: I was shredding chicken breast for quesadillas tonight and sprinkled some on a piece to taste it. And taste it. And taste it... It's really good.

I sprinkled some in my shredded chicken with chopped tomatillos and homemade salsa that will be the quesadilla filling.

Have you tried this? If so, how do you use it?

It really is good, isn't it? A friend who lives in Mexico turned me on to Tajin. Try it on sliced mangos and papaya. Oh, and fresh pineapple!

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhh yeah, I love that stuff!! It's great on melon, and all kinds of fruit, not to mention grilled shrimp! I've been known to use only Tajin to generously season a whole chicken for beer butt chicken. It's even good on cottage cheese. You're hooked now GG!! :yum:

img_1434333_0_d84eb2ce3785374575681f92bfb3936d.jpg

I had to work waaaaaaay over so I just came home about 1:30am.

Hubby had ordered Chinese delivery for us...yay!

I've seen that seasoning at Walmart in town. Definitely going to have to try it now after reading this thread.

I haven't tried this, but I bet it would be good to rim the glasses for margaritas or Bloody Marys.

It gets used that way in a lot of michelada recipes.

You're right, PPO. A friend loves micheladas (a sort of Bloody Mary made with beer). I had a sip of his, delicious. Unfortunately, the sodium would wreak havoc on my BP!

Last edited:
You're right, PPO. A friend loves micheladas (a sort of Bloody Mary made with beer). I had a sip of his, delicious. Unfortunately, the sodium would wreak havoc on my BP!

Most of them are also made with Clamato which is supper high in sodium. So when I do have one it is only one.

Tajin is now added to my list. I remember it from a few months back when Kay first mentioned how good it was. Thanks for the reminder, GG! :)

Back
Top Bottom