Monday night supper 9/14/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Haven't got a clue. Except for the quiche I did all the prep work for yesterday. Now I have to mix the custard part and get it into the oven. :angel:

We are trying a recipe for Bibimbap. This will be a first for us, having never tried it. But if it is as good as the last Korean dish we made, it won't be the last time!:)

We are trying a recipe for Bibimbap. This will be a first for us, having never tried it. But if it is as good as the last Korean dish we made, it won't be the last time!:)

An adventure into the world of other cuisines. Keep us informed of the outcome. :angel:

Love Bibimbap. Hmm. DH has a dental appointment in the same neck of the woods as the local Korean restaurant, so I may have to make a suggestion.

Last edited:
Grilled pork chops with grilled corn on and off the cob along with mashed potatoes. I think a bite of potato with a little corn in every bite is the best. :yum:

I made up a pasta dish tonight: sautéed onions, garlic, green and red bell peppers, yellow squash and diced leftover pork chops with a jar of marinated artichoke hearts; I combined the liquid from the jar, grated Parmesan cheese and Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle for the sauce and served it over spinach and ricotta ravioli with ciabatta garlic bread. :yum:

Last edited:
We had a small square of leftover green chile beef enchiladas with sour cream and a sauté of potatoes, onion, garlic, fresh green beans (second mess this season) and cubed chorizo spam.:).

Reverse Seared 2"Steak w/ asparagus & taters.

img_1436347_0_9fdc8284f90b2e75828f371cfaef4a5d.jpg

Wow, beautiful dinner Joey, that looks delicious! :yum:

Nothing exciting here, but it was good. I had chili over a halved baked potato, topped with shredded cheddar and chopped onions. Watermelon on the side.

Will probably have the other half of the baked potato (it was a big one) with a fried egg for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Lovely looking meal, S&P!

DH took my suggestion of Korean takeout food, and then some. Not only did we get bibimbap, we got a big order of bulgogi tacos. We now have enough leftover food to feed both North and South Korea. I made the mistake of having to try each of the (very) hot sauces on my small portion of bib. Delish, but very spicy!

Absolutely loved the bibimbap and can't wait to have it again! We used g. pork, spinach, bean sprouts, carrots, shitakes, fried sunny side up egg, over jasmine rice. Prep was a bit time consuming but, with both of us working on it, didn't take too long and cooking went really fast.

Here's the recipe we used Bibimbap - Korean Mixed Rice with Meat and Assorted Vegetables - My Korean Kitchen . It uses g. beef but I wanted to use up some of the g. pork in the deep freeze so that's what we used. We also skipped the seaweed since I didn't particularly want it besides not wanting to dig it out. I also sort of sautéed the spinach with just a touch of oil and a tiny bit of water in the pan, didn't want to boil it and add all that extra water. Added the garlic in at the last for a bit since I really didn't want mostly raw garlic in the spinach.

Last edited:
Made turkey thighs, just love them! They always turn out, a foolproof dinner.

Attachments

• tthighs.JPG
    tthighs.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 149
Great pictures, FF and Steve! The sprouts look great grilled and all caramelized. :yum:

FF, I'd get some turkey parts to roast, but being so close to Thanksgiving, I'll wait a bit. Those look very good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom