Checking back in, it's been a long time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
Hi all,
It's been a VERY long time since I've been on here. Unfortunately, I lost my passion for cooking as I have since had a child and funds are very tight. Cooking has become a chore for me. I don't get home until 6:30 every night and then have to get a healthy cheap dinner on the table before my daughter has a melt down. Tonight however, was my day off and I tried a new recipe that was a one pot meal similar to hamburger helper but completely homemade, no cheese, and it was so quick to make, tasted fantastic and I have enough for leftovers. I was reminded why I use to love cooking. It felt great.
p.s. can't do a crock pot because we don't trust the wiring in the house. Won't leave with it plugged in.
Anyway, I just wanted to stop back in and say hi and if anyone has super simple tasty recipes to share I'm up for experimenting again.:chef:

Hello and welcome back!

Don't be hard on yourself as most of us can remember being in you situation. It's really hard to get dinner on the table with hungry kids plus little time and money. Good for you with your efforts so far!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom