Chocolate/Raspberry Dessert Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
New experiment for today's pot luck at church; I made up the batter for fudge brownies and added a half-cup of chocolate chips, then baked it off in a 9 inch, square sprinform pan. The pan was lined with parchment paper. When done, I removed the sides and slid the brownies to a plastic cutting sheet. I then made up a second batch of fudge brownie mix, but added a half-cup of shredded coconut to the batter and baked it off. When done, I spread raspberry jam all over the top while the brownies were still hot so as to melt the jam so I could spread it evenly. I then placed cooled brownie, all intact, onto the hot brownie and jam. Into the fridge to cool over night. Finally, this morning, I made instant, white chocolate pudding, using half the milk called for in the directions, then spread that onto my chilled concoction. While still somewhat soft, I spread it all over the top layer of the brownies. Finally, I made vanilla instant pudding, again using half of the milk, and spread it over the white chocolate pudding that was now set.

Not sure how this will taste, but I think it should go over well. My only regret is that I used a normal, nine-inch cake pan for the 2nd batch of brownies. I wish I would have taken the time to wash the springform pan so that I could have cute the desert into squares, then removed the sides for easier serving. We shall see how this turns out. I'll keep everyone posted.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The desert tasted very good, but the texture was a little harder than I liked, even though I cooked it for the minimum time listed on the package. Next time, I might make it more cake like instead of chewy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom