Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Curious, Why Don't More Folks Post Photos? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/curious-why-dont-more-folks-post-photos-93894.html)

PrincessFiona60 09-27-2015 02:10 AM

I'm not a compulsive picture taker. My phone is barely out of the stone age and doesn't do pictures and I hate carrying extra around with me because I leave it lying or it wanders off.

medtran49 09-27-2015 04:52 AM

We just don't think of it. I nearly forgot to take a photo of our Greek dinner the other night and we had just talked about taking a photo about 10 minutes before.

CrazyCatLady 09-27-2015 05:11 AM

Bleah...I'll try, but the last I heard I have to clear the pics with the EPA.

creative 09-27-2015 05:25 AM

I bought a digi camera just to take photos of my dishes for this forum. (I have posted just 2 photos though so far). I agree with Dawgluver...most of my food is tasty but not that photogenic.

Silversage 09-27-2015 07:12 AM

A number of years ago I used to post a lot of pictures to several forums. Over time, as the membership shifted in most forums, it seemed that pictures became less common. Most of the picture posters seemed to leave the forums. First facebook, then instagram made picture sharing simpler. Those other venues also allow you to restrict your social group to just people you like, which has some obvious advantages.

Even facebook has changed. It, too, has become a gathering place for a more mature demographic. The young folks with the fancy phones now use instagram, snapchat, etc. Coincidently, they are also the ones who are trying new foods, cultures, techniques, restaurants, etc. I watch what my nieces and nephews are posting to instagram and I'm blown away.

I guess after seeing those it's hard to believe that anyone would be interested in my dinner plate.

CraigC 09-27-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz (Post 1438130)
Attachment 23544

I just love pictures of food.
I'm wondering why more folks
here at DC don't post photos of their creations?
I just go nuts for those.
Just Curious...
How about you? What do you think?

I posted some pics last week, but not in the dinner area. They are in the BBQ and Smokin' Meats section. When you cook something "Low and Slow", you have time to take pictures in between beers, err I mean adding splits to the fire box.:angel::lol:

Silversage 09-27-2015 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this moving around on facebook this morning. It seemed appropriate.....

GotGarlic 09-27-2015 11:01 AM

SS, lol!

PrincessFiona60 09-27-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silversage (Post 1438170)
Saw this moving around on facebook this morning. It seemed appropriate.....

LOL!!!

Truth be told, I've not cooked anything exciting in a while. Night Shift is not nice for fancy dinners.

Andy M. 09-27-2015 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23550

Delicious cup of coffee this morning!