Monday's Dinner 9-28-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Cast Iron deep dish all meat pizza's.

Pepperoni,Linguisa,Italian Sausage,Crispy Bacon.
Topped with Caramelized onions, Mozzarella cheese.

I am on tea and toast today, but Kay and TB got Pho last night and are finishing it for lunch. Kay is meeting a friend for dinner and TB takes his sandwiches to work so our kitchen is on very light duty today!

Individual Medley tonight. I'm off to a condo board meeting so SO will eat whatever and whenever. I'll grab something when I get home. Either leftover chili or hot dogs.

Steak sandwiches using up some of the brisket Craig did a while back that's been in the freezer, with sautéed red and green bell peppers, onions. mushies and a jalapeno for him. Haven't decided whether we're using cheese or not yet, Gruyere if we do though, bought a big block a couple of weeks ago at Restaurant Depot. Oven roasted potatoes because we don't feel like messing with French fries.

Found a little package of ham when I cleaned out the freezer the other day. It's in the CP along with some raw sugar and allspice.

I'm also making some coleslaw.

We're having beef tacos and refried beans. I like refried beans but I find the flavor bland, so I added some salsa, fresh lime juice and minced cilantro. Gives it a nice zip :yum:

I actually surprised myself with dinner tonight. This low carb diet can be challenging in the flavor department.

I had two big portabella mushrooms, and I took the stems out and marinated them in a vinaigrette. Then I gave them a few minutes head start in the hot oven, added some sliced mozzarella to the cavity and topped with a well seasoned and slightly browned thick hamburger patty. I topped the patty with a couple generous tablespoons of jarred pizza sauce, and covered the whole thing with lots of grated Parm., sprinkled with hot pepper flakes, and broiled the whole thing till it was bubbling and beautiful.

I served it with sliced home grown tomatoes and steamed broccolini.
Apologies for no picture, but it was beautiful and delicious.

I actually surprised myself with dinner tonight. This low carb diet can be challenging in the flavor department.

I had two big portabella mushrooms, and I took the stems out and marinated them in a vinaigrette. Then I gave them a few minutes head start in the hot oven, added some sliced mozzarella to the cavity and topped with a well seasoned and slightly browned thick hamburger patty. I topped the patty with a couple generous tablespoons of jarred pizza sauce, and covered the whole thing with lots of grated Parm., sprinkled with hot pepper flakes, and broiled the whole thing till it was bubbling and beautiful.

I served it with sliced home grown tomatoes and steamed broccolini.
Apologies for no picture, but it was beautiful and delicious.
I was indeed delicious. The tomatoes are called Celebrity, and I only have one plant. It is 7 feet high and has about 30 tomatoes on it right now

Cat's here and she wants beef stew...you don't say no to Cat!!
Cat's in town? Tell her "hi" from me, will you, please? Carl, too, if he came along...

I made tasty salads that were pretty too, so look below. After those, it was leftover roast beast, mashed potatoes, and mushroom gravy from the pan drippings. Nuked up some corn that I had steamed and put by in the freezer earlier this summer when corn was dirt-cheap.

Attachments

• 2015-09-28 21.04.29.jpg
    2015-09-28 21.04.29.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 161
GG, I also doctor up refried beans with some salsa - I agree that it does wonders for the flavor.

Kay - great sounding dinner. :yum: With a meal like that, I wouldn't miss the bread at all.

Tonight's dinner was just a no-cook throw together - bits of various leftover cheeses with wheat crackers, a deviled egg, sliced cucumber, olives, the last wedge of the farmers market cantaloupe, and 2 pluots. Pretty tasty, and used up quite a few things that needed using up.

Looks delish, CG!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom