I have a question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I just received an email that says - I have received an Voki from a friend. What does that mean? I don't want to open it until I know what it is all about.

I never heard of it before, so I googled it. It looks like it's a way to communicate using an animated avatar: http://www.voki.com/create.php

Tip: You can copy and paste a sentence, or part of a sentence, into Google and the results will show if it's something to worry about. Tech news or anti-virus/malware/etc. companies will have something about it online. I copied "received an Voki from a friend."

I never heard of it before, so I googled it. It looks like it's a way to communicate using an animated avatar: http://www.voki.com/create.php

Tip: You can copy and paste a sentence, or part of a sentence, into Google and the results will show if it's something to worry about. Tech news or anti-virus/malware/etc. companies will have something about it online. I copied "received an Voki from a friend."

Thanks so much for your help. I still have a lot to learn about my PC.

Interesting. I've never heard of it either.

I was highly suspicious of invitations to Linkdin, I tracked down a coworker who'd sent me an invite and it was legit. I still research anything I'm not familiar with.

Dawgluver, I received 2 invitations to Linkdin. One from my daughter-in-law who said "Well, I'm on Linkdin, so I guess it's from me." She either sent me an invite or not! I am assuming not. The other one was from a woman I haven't emailed with in about 8 years. I emailed her to ask if she sent the invite and got no reply. I suspect that they were suspicious and just deleted them.

Grandson Josh came home from school today and asked me if I got his email from Voki. He said they had to do this for Digital Literacy class. He said its to learn more about computers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom