Dinner, Last Day of September 9/30/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am making a BBQ meatloaf, with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots. I guess I have been too proud of seeing the beautiful crop of carrots in one raised bed; we need to eat them!

What are you fixing?

I roasted a pork shoulder yesterday, so will have some of that for dinner. I think I'll roast some cauliflower and cinnamon sweet potato wedges to go along with it.

I made a big pot of refried black beans, so it may be a Mexican dinner kind of night.

The plan is to make frutti di mare (a seafood mix cooked in tomato-white wine sauce over angel hair pasta. Garlic toast and green salad on the side.

I love that kind of a recipe CG. That's the kind of food I grew up with. I bet your kitchen smells fantastic!! I can't wait for cooler weather here. I never serve salad with that kind of a one dish meal.

I'll be doing pork chops but I'm not sure how just yet.

Last edited:
I roasted a pork shoulder yesterday, so will have some of that for dinner. I think I'll roast some cauliflower and cinnamon sweet potato wedges to go along with it.

'twas yummy. Very tender. :yum: Chocolate/Peanut Butter ice cream for dessert.

007.jpg

011.jpg

Last edited:
CG, that Kielbasa Stew recipe you posted does sound good! I'll try that this winter. Or fall. :)

Ladies, hold up on making that recipe. It was definitely "meh". Neither of us thought it tasted great. It's good enough to finish the leftovers, but this is one recipe that is getting dumped from my file. However, YMMV and you might enjoy. It's up to you. It did look pretty, though. :LOL:

I can highly recommend a different Michael Symon/Chew recipe, though. Made this a couple of times last winter and will definitely be making it again now that the weather is getting cooler. Michael Symon's Orecchiette with Sausage & Swiss Chard

And now a photo of tonight's supper:

Attachments

• 2015-09-30 20.06.55.jpg
    2015-09-30 20.06.55.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 147
Ladies, hold up on making that recipe. It was definitely "meh". Neither of us thought it tasted great. It's good enough to finish the leftovers, but this is one recipe that is getting dumped from my file. However, YMMV and you might enjoy. It's up to you. It did look pretty, though. :LOL:

Awww. :( What did you not like about it? I wonder if using grainy mustard instead of mustard seeds would work better.

I dunno GG, because for the most part the flavors should have complimented each other. It just didn't taste "right". Specifically? Neither of us can put our fingers on it. Maybe the mustard would have been better. If I'm the one finishing it up, I'll try to remember to stir a little bit in when I'm reheating.

I love that kind of a recipe CG. That's the kind of food I grew up with. I bet your kitchen smells fantastic!! I can't wait for cooler weather here. I never serve salad with that kind of a one dish meal.

I'll be doing pork chops but I'm not sure how just yet.

I don't really follow a recipe exactly very often, but I'm sure glad I did this time for the sauce.
The Dijon sauce was just perfect for two thick brined chops. It would be too skimpy for four. This is a keeper....
Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce Recipe | Epicurious.com

Back
Top Bottom