Just curious...anyone use onion juice or garlic juice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Along the lines of concentrated oils, I'm trying pure tea tree oil on a skin tag. Wow is that stuff concentrated. I got the same thinking about garlic oil and how strong that stuff must be.

A well known brand of garlic juice I looked up on the net has vinegar and salt in it too. Some reviewers questioned that.

The cheapest garlic juice I've found on the net is about $10 for a 3 .oz bottle (shipping cost adds a lot).
I'm still considering buying that and onion juice. I swear, my garlic powder and onion powder didn't fully incorporate themselves into my teriyaki sauce and brown sugar jerky marinade. I'm not about to break out my blender to fully mix two powders into my marinade, and I really don't think that would have fully dissolved the powders. So...I may try liquid garlic juice and liquid onion juice.

Last edited:
...I swear, my garlic powder and onion powder didn't fully incorporate themselves into my teriyaki sauce and brown sugar jerky marinade...

I remember reading that it's a good idea to bloom garlic powder in a small amount of water before combining it with acidic ingredients such as citrus juice or vinegar.

This from the Penzeys website:

"Granulated Garlic Powder
It is very easy to use granulated garlic, just sprinkle on meat, fish, poultry or vegetables. Use about 1/2 tsp. per lb. To rehydrate: use 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic in 1 tsp. water to equal 2 fresh cloves of garlic. Rehydrate garlic before adding to tart foods like tomatoes (their acidic nature will stop the garlic from developing to its full strength)."

Last edited:
Thanks for considering that my onion powder and garlic powder didn't fully dissolve...*sniff sniff.*

That's what I was saying earlier, it might be the liquid I was trying to dissolve the spice powders into that prevented the powders fully dissolving. Thanks.

Then a couple of years later, I got a call from the school across the street. Would I please come and pick up my neighbor's little girl. Her mother wasn't home. She was having a contagious health problem. She too had worms even worse than my daughter had. I three away her panties and was very hesitant about giving someone else's child something orally. So I did the next best thing. I sprinkled garlic powder on her little but. Those critters just curled up and died in a hurry. This child was but five years old. She was terrified and had no idea why she was sent home from school. When her mother came home I told her about what I had done. I wrapped her in a large towel and when she got home, her mother did the same treatment I had done on my daughter.

:angel:

Addie, now days, you would not be allowed to pick up someone else's child from school. They are very careful who they release a child to.

Also, I am wondering how the school knew this child had worms unless she showed them to someone. That's just gross.

Addie, now days, you would not be allowed to pick up someone else's child from school. They are very careful who they release a child to.

Also, I am wondering how the school knew this child had worms unless she showed them to someone. That's just gross.

They knew me very well. I went to that school as did my sister, and my kids went to that school. They also knew my mother very well. Because she had polio as a child, it was difficult for her to get out. She used to sit in the window and could see traffic both ways. She would see kids wanting to cross the street and tell them when it was safe.

A child's backside itches like mad when they have worms. The activity is enough that a teacher would send the child to the nurse's office.

This is a neighborhood school where all the parents knew all the other parents and the teachers knew this. Even the teachers lived in the neighborhood. My kids fifth grade teacher had supper in my home a lot of times.

Today, you don't see kids outside playing with other kids. You the parent would be brought up on charges of child endangerment. You let the child out of your sight. You can't put a bicycle under the Christmas tree anymore. Where would they ride it? Back and forth in the driveway? My boys each got a basketball. They would go to the basketball court and toss that ball for hours until they perfected their skills. Today, you are expected to ask for a GPS for your child's baby shower.

My kids had a very normal childhood of play and using their imagination. They taught each other how to do cartwheels and other acrobatic flips on a cement sidewalk. They didn't have a gym with piles of padding to fall on. If they wanted to play on grass, they left the street where we lived and went around the corner to the park. They were out of my sight. But there was always a neighbor who knew where they went. I raised my kids in a six family duplex. There were 38 kids in that duplex. We all watched out for all the kids. If one kid had a contagious illness, we let all the mother's know about it. If I knew a mother was out shopping for groceries, and one of her kids said they didn't feel well, I would bring them into my home and make them lie down. The other mothers did the same for any child on the street.

Remember "It takes a village to raise a child?" Well even though I lived in a totally urban environment, it was still a village.

Sorry, rant over. Thank you for listening.

Now back to onion and garlic juice. :angel:

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, if a recipe calls for one large diced onion and four cloves of garlic, how would that transfer to the oils? I would think it would be "by the drop." :angel:

Amoretti products are extremely concentrated, so you add them to your recipes by weight, not by volume. For example, garlic and onion oil extracts are recommend at .05% to 1% of the weight of whatever you are adding them to (the percentage is on the label). Simply take an empty container and place it on a kitchen scale, tare it, then put all the ingredients except the extracts into the container. Calculate 0.5 % of the weight and add that amount of extract. Taste it and see if you can detect the garlic and/or onion. If not, add another 0.5% to bring it up to 1%.

I'm sure some of you must have a juicer. I don't, but, many people here have mentioned having them.

Why not put a few bulbs of garlic through the juicer for garlic juice? Garlic in the Northern part of the US is harvested in July, so it will be more plump from July to November, a good time to juice it.

Putting onions through a juicer would work too, for onion juice.

I'm certain it would work just fine. The ease of the concentrate is what the buzz is about.

Along the lines of concentrated oils, I'm trying pure tea tree oil on a skin tag. Wow is that stuff concentrated. I got the same thinking about garlic oil and how strong that stuff must be.

My doctor told us to cut them off and pat with alcohol. Now if they are large and have a thick stem, I would opt for the doctor intervention. I also see they have a "freeze off" for warts now over the counter and that seems like a great idea. To use the wart stuff for the skin tags.
I hate skin tags!!!!!

Thanks very much.

Onion and garlic powders are just that, small particles of insouluble material. Dispersing them and dipping the meat strips will work just fine. If you really want juice, just put bith into a blender with a bit of water and liquify them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom