What can I add to my hummous wraps to make more filling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cook4984

Assistant Cook
Currently I have the wrap, add green olives, humous and tomatoes. Tastes wonderful however is missing something filling as I find they don't keep me full for long and lack some kind of satisfying substance.

What can I add to hit the spot that would go well with the above ingredients? I have drawn a blank so far.

Also as an aside is hummous bad for you? I know its full of fat but I read the package and it says less than 1% saturated fat, so its mostly good fats right? so can be used pretty liberally? I know there is reduced fat ones but I figure if its good fats then there's no need like how I don't watch olive oil.

Finely grated carrot would go well with this and the fibrous content stays in the stomach longer.

Na, vegatables arent really filling to me, they are empty filling rather than filling filling :D. Something proteiny to be more precise. I am thinking something along the lines of some kind of beans or something. Red kidney beans are tooo sweet. Nuts too hard I think. Something in that area though.

Maybe some quorn would go well. Yea I think it would! :) Gonna try.

Last edited:
How about some cheeses? Feta, cheddar, etc. Thinly sliced cooked meats or sausages. (assuming you're not a vegetarian).

Chickpeas are a legume, like beans, so I wouldn't add more beans. I agree with the suggestions for meat, cheese and something crunchy like cucumbers. Sliced grilled or baked chicken would be good. Take a look at the wraps on this menu for ideas:
http://azarfoods.com/menus/

Hummus is very good for you. The chickpea base is high in fiber and protein. The fat comes from olive oil, which is a healthy fat.

Last edited:
Protein. It slows down the absorption and digestion of the whole meal. Eggs, bacon that has already been suggested. Thinly sliced pepperoni. Toss some nuts in your mini FP and sprinkle on top of whatever you decide on. :angel:

Ye I dont eat cheese. Its nice but don't like the saturated fat and same with fatty meat. Plus cheese gives me spots :D

I really hate chicken at the moment since even with breast pieces I end up with chewy gristly bits which make me almost gag. :(. I much prefer quorn instead cos it has as much taste as chicken and no worries of covert grizzle lying in wait. plus a little les animal slaughter is good for my karma as a knock on effect :)

Cashews are a good call.

Last edited:
Chicken breasts contain almost zero gristle so that's weird. Plus it's easy to remove any gristle before you put it in the wrap.

If you won't eat meat or even low fat cheese in your wrap then your choices are slim for upping the protein content to make it stick with you longer.

Eggs
Nuts
Legumes -- but as others have pointed out hummus is made from legumes

Maybe dump some canned tuna into it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom