Vote - What color knobs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue or Silver knobs - which do you prefer?

• Stainless is sweet!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Blue is best :)

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Meh - unless you inviting me to dinner I don't really have an opinion ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure - I'm as conflicted as you are.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
I recently replaced my range and it came with an extra set of knobs - sort of a french blue color. Both are lovely and so I could use some help deciding which ones to use. Please offer up your two cents... The stainless knobs are brushed and show fingerprints. The blue ones are slightly textured (think vintage zenith radio finish). They are both lovely and both fit well in my kitchen.

So... which will it be blue or silver?

silverknobs.jpg

blueknobs.jpg

I'm a guy, so shiny metal things are a plus. Besides, the blue knobs clash with the green tiles on the back splash.

The blue doesn't match the backsplash but it does match the blue in the kitchen window. This is an old stained glass panel - placed here to keep my weird neighbor from peering in from over the fence (that he has to get on a ladder to do...)

window.jpg

Why not use both, and change them out when the mood strikes?

Love the stove!

Blue. It's a personal thing.I love the vintage look.

With the green tiles in the back.I can see a beautiful remodeled country kitchen.Any color counter top kitchen appliance, canisters would look very sharp with your kitchen.Vintage plad (sp) looking dishtowels are making a comeback.

My vote is for stainless. I like the sleek look. Janet I love your stained glass panel!

Thanks - I have a seriously old guy next door who actually takes a step ladder to look over the fence. One morning I wandered out to the coffee pot (not wearing much) shortly after he moved to the neighborhood and there he was looking in my window. That glass is actually two small windows from a salvage yard, still in their frames and stuck together like that.

Just what I was going to say!
I love your cool window solution to your weird neighbor. Why do you have three clocks?

The three clocks are there for two reasons.

1. That space needed something
2. One is local time, one is the local time for my grad student son (who is studying half a world away) and the last one is for Paris - just because.

Hm. As far as the creepy neighbor with the ladder, I'd consider a restraining order...

Perhaps you should take times of using each, yes? Perhaps if the kitchen is decorated of Christmas, the silver would be nice.

I would order differently colored knobs if these are available to match the seasons and the decorations.

But if I must choose, I like the blue knobs. I like colors!

~Cat

+1
I think a "pop" of color would be inviting

Question: is the a dual fuel thermador gas range?
I was JUST saying to DH that I would like a new range, dual fuel as well :rolleyes:

It is not the dual fuel although I looked hard at that model. The model I got is a 4 burner propane version. So far I LOVE it and especially appreciate the xlo burners.

@cat, there is no other color option available for knobs. As far as decorating the kitchen for Christmas... covering the counter (and sometimes floor) in holiday cookie fixins, 10x sugar and rising Christmas breads is about the extent of it.

I voted blue just because I'm fast and clumsy. A color difference gives me the edge to actually spotting the knob faster! Since you have both colors, I think you should swap them out as your mood dictates.

...This is an old stained glass panel - placed here to keep my weird neighbor from peering in from over the fence (that he has to get on a ladder to do...)
Reminds me of a Marvin Window ad they used to run. Woman has standard windows, walks into the kitchen to make coffee, and sees her neighbor doing something like almost-naked yoga. Next scene after the ad bit was her enjoying her new Marvin windows...that were all high-up on the wall. All she could see was his face, and gives a tip of the cup to him! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom