What's Cooking this Wednesday, 10-7-2015?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Nothing cooking here, but lots of reheating will be going on. Someone must sneak in at night and add things to my leftover stash, because we can't possibly accumulate this much stuff, can we?

I will make fresh salads today, and maybe a dessert if I get ambitious. I probably won't get ambitious, though.

What are your plans for tonight?

Grilled pork tenderloin with risotto and asparagus. Pork gets 30 minutes in a marinade of balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing before it hits the grill. Haven't decided how to make the asparagus, but I'm leaning toward grilling. Risotto will be in the Zoji, as it is so, so easy and tasty.

Daughter and SIL had grilled pork tenderloin with us a few months back. They liked it and decided to make it at home. She made the mistake of buying a pre-marinated tenderloin (as if dumping some salad dressing on the tenderloin is that much work!). They said it was pretty awful. I never buy pre-marinated anything, and I think she will be following the old man's advice in the future.

DH brought home a couple of United Way lunch fundraisers. We split the walking taco for lunch, and will split the chef's salad for dinner.

Last night I put homemade frozen stuffed peppers and jalapeño mac and cheese in the fridge to thaw overnight. We'll have those and green salads for dinner tonight. Might toast up some French bread, too, for sopping up the sauce.

Hot sausage with peppers and onions, a side of broccoli and a bowl of low carb ice cream.

OK, give it up AB....where do you get low carb ice cream and is it any good? I'm craving ice cream! :ohmy:

I'll be doing a marinated pork tenderloin on the grill and some Tater Tots in the grill basket for the SC. Thanks for that idea Janet! Thanks to you Tenspeed, for the grilled tenderloin idea.

We will both be having glorified green salads.

Some of Craig's rotisserie chicken from the freezer, spiralized yellow squash and zucchini, with a tomato, hot chili, butter sauce.

37240-albums1008-picture6290.jpg

OK, give it up AB....where do you get low carb ice cream and is it any good? I'm craving ice cream! :ohmy:

I'll be doing a marinated pork tenderloin on the grill and some Tater Tots in the grill basket for the SC. Thanks for that idea Janet! Thanks to you Tenspeed, for the grilled tenderloin idea.

We will both be having glorified green salads.

This is the one that I use.

A scoop of Breyer's Carb Smart, a squirt of Hershey's sugar free syrup and some salted peanuts make a pretty decent low carb sundae.

510-113726-CrbSmrt_Vnill_300x300.jpg

Breyers® - CarbSmart™ - Vanilla

and another craving crusher is a glass of chocolate almond milk!

I use the Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup and a cup of Blue Diamond Almond Breeze original unsweetened almond milk with zero net carbs per serving.

I had a roasted red pepper and boursin in the fridge. So I bought some slices of ham, grilled some halved cherry tomatoes and put them altogether with cooked egg tagliatelle - topped with chopped flat parsley. :yum:

I did the grocery shopping and pooped myself out. So, we are scrounging tonight. It will be mostly sandwiches, since I bought cold cuts, cheese (double cream brie, Cambazola, and cheddar) , and bread. There may be some lox on bagel, since I also picked up a dozen bagels and some organic, Danish cream cheese. Lox was in the freezer.

We're having reruns for dinner. Leftover American Chop Suey.

You mean goulash? :chef:

No, actually, I meant Johnny Marzetti.:chef:
Yay, you guys CAN be taught! :ROFLMAO:

Andy, every time I see "American Chop Suey" I think of this slop that my Mom would make. :sick: She'd cut beef strips like you would use for a stir-fry, cook them to death in a stock pot, then dump in cans of Chung King chow mein fixings. My Dad preferred mashed potatoes over chow mein noodles, and even those creamy tubers had more texture than the "american chop suey". If you didn't look at it, it was OK. Mom was a great cook, but even she prepared a clunker of a meal on occasion - every time she made this.

Dad was thrilled when I acquired a wok and learned to make proper Chinese food. :LOL:

Thanks for the great ideas AB. I need to drive 10 miles with a little ice chest in tow to get that ice cream, but it will sure be worth it. This little one horse town doesn't carry it.

Andy, every time I see "American Chop Suey" I think of this slop that my Mom would make. :sick: She'd cut beef strips like you would use for a stir-fry, cook them to death in a stock pot, then dump in cans of Chung King chow mein fixings. My Dad preferred mashed potatoes over chow mein noodles, and even those creamy tubers had more texture than the "american chop suey". If you didn't look at it, it was OK. Mom was a great cook, but even she prepared a clunker of a meal on occasion - every time she made this.

Dad was thrilled when I acquired a wok and learned to make proper Chinese food. :LOL:

Ykies!! That just made me loose my appetite!:sick::shock::yuk::w00t2:

ACS has nothing at all do to with Chinese food, or real chop suey.

Ground beef satuéed with onion. Add tomato, paste and green bell peppers cook a bit and toss with cooked elbow macaroni.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom