World Egg Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toocrafty

Assistant Cook
Today's World Egg Day! Anyone have any crazy, delicious or crazy delicious recipes for eggs?

I had fried eggs for lunch to celebrate :yum:

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon pieces in it are rather nice (with a dash of cream at the end).

Thank you Kayelle.

That recipe looks great. My personal favorite egg recipe is soy sauce marinated eggs. I love the texture and that salty soy flavor.

Good morning :) I've missed everyone!

My favorite way to do eggs is a cheese omelet with gruyere, sharp cheddar, smoked paprika (like having bacon without the bacon), salt, pepper, and sprinkles of finely chopped kale inside and/or out.

Sometimes I throw in sautéed mushrooms. And sometimes, after folding the omelet over I sprinkle extra cheddar cheese on top and it melts under a lid while I butter toast.

Tip: I finely chop raw kale and put it in a freezer baggie. Then I sprinkle it on anything hot that needs a nutritional boost or a bright green color boost. It melts to perfection as if it were lightly steamed.

It's so good to see everyone :)

Last edited:
Hi mollyanne, nice to see ya!

I make a simplified version of this recipe that Steve introduced us to.

Shakshuka - Recipe for Delicious Middle Eastern Egg Dish

My lazy take on it is just a cup or so of spicy Sunday gravy with a couple of eggs poached in the bubbling sauce.

Now that chili season is here I may try it with a cup of leftover chili in place of the sauce. It should be great and would even be better with a skillet toasted piece of leftover cornbread on the side. :yum:

Some of the way's I like them........

img_1439806_0_a1f36b91dee4a0cceb156a2a157185bf.jpg

img_1439806_1_0c817153de3ccd8577dd5ec4cadb3c77.jpg

img_1439806_2_ced33946265a2a99b69d057299d3e7fa.jpg

img_1439806_3_1d0c2ef93a72e3647b689b9e5f294d1a.jpg

Good morning :) I've missed everyone!

It's so good to see everyone :)

Good to see you, too! Have missed your sunny smile!

Eggs...I like them any way I can get them. I most like an omelet with roasted asparagus, roasted red pepper and hollandaise.

My lazy take on it is just a cup or so of spicy Sunday gravy with a couple of eggs poached in the bubbling sauce.

Now that chili season is here I may try it with a cup of leftover chili in place of the sauce. It should be great and would even be better with a skillet toasted piece of leftover cornbread on the side. :yum:

I do the same AB, with a skillet of Chili Verde, and the eggs poached in the bubbling sauce. Delish with a little grated cheese on top too.

Soft fluffy scrambled eggs with a slice of whole wheat toast and butter. I also like a pat of butter on top of my eggs.

For lunch or a Saturday night supper; Roast Beef Hash with an egg on top. A small helping of a green veggie on the side. Peas, broccoli, spinach, etc. :angel:

I just took chili out of the freezer for tomorrow night and also corn bread...Going to add the eggs, sounds so good.

Back
Top Bottom